Hi All,

Just started looking at animation in FZ and outputting to Maxwell which I use for my still shots. I'm posting the same question on the FZ forum as not sure in which camp this issue lies.

I've managed to get a very small test to work to see how fz interacts with Maxwell, and notice that a separate .mxs file is written for each camera position, and then some hidden script (probably in the FZ Maxwell plugin) renders each .mxs one after the other producing a series of still image files that need to be converted to a movie in Quicktime or whatever.

I use Maxwell Studio to apply all my textures, play with the lighting etc etc, and only use FZ to model in, exporting to Maxwell via the plug-in.

The question is, is there a way of transferring the camera animation path from the FZ file, to the Studio file where I have everything set up?

Either as multiple cameras (a new camera for each frame) in the studio file, (which would be nice as then using a render farm I need to only upload the mxs file once), or somehow write the Studio per frame using the camera postions from the FZ file.

I hope that makes some sense, and someone has an answer. (I know using Maxwell for an animation might not be the most sensible thing to do!)

Thanks,
Bim
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]