By medmonds
On my WinXP 64 machine, I have a model that I built in Revit, imported into FormZ, textured with Maxwell materials and successfully rendered in MXCL. The FormZ file actually lives on a network drive as do all of my MXMs and raster image textures. If I try to open the formZ file on my Mac (connected to the network) the file crashes every time. I first suspected corrupt geometry, so I "object-doctored" the whole file on my XP box. Still crashes when I try on the mac. After deleting most of my project, layer by layer, and still having it crash on the mac, I deleted all my Maxwell materials from the file, and voila, it opens fine. Currently deleting each material one by one to find the problem, just in case there's one bad apple in the mix.
By medmonds
And another thing...:)
After FZ opens the stripped-down file successfully without any maxwell materials, if I try to load the maxwell materials from an earlier file, it crashes when importing them.
By pelias
This looks like a bug - the MXM paths are not handled properly when stored on network and switching formZ platforms (Win/OSX). I will fix this.

Pavol
By medmonds
Awesome. Thanks!

One piece of follow-up information: I can successfully create new FormZ materials (one at a time) in the "cleaned-out" file and assign the very same Maxwell materials that caused the crashes when opening or importing from another file.
By medmonds
Pelias,
Do you think the fix will be available soon?
Just wondering, Thanks.
By medmonds
Any update here?
By pelias
The problem was fixed - the new version should be released soon.

Pavol
By medmonds
Man, I could really use the fixed version.... Like tomorrow morning in front of my client :) Any chance you could post it for me when you get in Tuesday AM (Spanish time)?

Thanks
By pelias
medmonds wrote:Man, I could really use the fixed version.... Like tomorrow morning in front of my client :) Any chance you could post it for me when you get in Tuesday AM (Spanish time)?
I am contacting you privately about this.

Pavol
By medmonds
I saw your reply, but for some reason I can't access the PM you sent me... it says "Private messaging has been disabled on this board" when I try.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]