By Henk Heijnen
I am trying to render an older Form•Z file that has nested symbols in it.
As exporting it thru the plug in didn't work I started exploding the symbols in it. But in the end it seams like i get even more problems. I know of the problem with lines in symbols that cause problems with the plugin but I thought that that would be fixed with new versions of Maxwell and Form•Z. But some how for me it still doesn't work. And I'm using the latest version of Form•Z, Maxwell and the plugin on Mac both intel and powerPC!

The messages i get are;
Object.setTriangleUVW, Invalid U value
Object.setVertex, Invalid Point value
Object.setBase, Invalid Origine Base value
The last one I reported before in older versions!

Can you also change the way the errors are presented to the user? For each entity that causes a problem you get a separate message. And for each you have to press enter/return. And in the end no mxs file is created any how! A listing of the problems would be more usfull. But alt least a way to OK all similar/all messages would be welcome.

Can anyone say witch Form•Z entity's cant be exported to mxs? And why cant the plug in just ignore the entity's that cant be translated and list them at the end?

Hope someone can help me to get this to work

HH

Edit; just send the project that isn't working to both Maxwell and Form•Z support.
By pelias
I will look at the formZ file as soon as I get it.

In terms of error reporting - you are completely right that error reporting requires attention. I am putting that on my ToDo list and I should address that in near future.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]