Subject say it all—

I have no nested symbols. Some have been copied from each other (meaning I did not use the symbol place tool for every symbol). When I render not all the symbols show up. Some show a few part, but not the entire symbol.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary
By chrislawes
Yes Gary it works great!

In studio you only see the first instance you added, until you do a render when the others re-appear seems to save a lot of memory
By Gary
Chris:

does it work for you going from form z straight to mxcl? That is where I am having problems.

Thanks,

Gary
By juan
Hi Gary, we could not reproduce your issue with instances that dont contain nester symbols (by the way we are trying to get rid of this limitation for future updates), could you upload or send us a simple scene that reproduces it?

Thanks!

Juan
By Gary
Hello Juan:

With some further testing I have determined:

1. instances seem to work fine when form z symbol is comprised of 1 object

2. instances do not work when form z symbols are made of more than 1 object.

3. if you use the join tool on a number of objects prior to making the symbol in form z, instances work as expected.

Is this as expected? Are there any work arounds?

Thanks,

Gary
By juan
Gary wrote: 1. instances seem to work fine when form z symbol is comprised of 1 object
2. instances do not work when form z symbols are made of more than 1 object.
3. if you use the join tool on a number of objects prior to making the symbol in form z, instances work as expected.
Is this as expected? Are there any work arounds?
Yes, it is as expected, the workaround as you say is to join the objects or to convert them in objects rather in symbols. We are working to break this limitations in the next update, we will keep you updated.

Regards,

Juan
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]