By Dexel
Trying to reproduce the black emitters and materials reported in some threads here I found that maybe the entire Basic Material Export is not working correctly in 1.1 when rendering straight out of fromZ.

This is a dull scene, right. But it shows that basic materials set in formZ are rendered very dark or black in MXCL. Checking the exported mxs file in Studio reveals strange material settings.

All diffuse boxes and the walls are showing correctly somehow. The space is about 20x20m large. The scene scale is correct.

2 Emitters on the left have this material assigned in formZ:

Plastic:

Dielectric:

and Metal:

formZ basic settings seem to be multiplied x0.01 which is the correct conversion for geometry export. Nd = 1 may be the result of that too, because its the lowest possible number and thus any formZ basic Nd below 100 will translate to 1 in Studio. Nd = 1 plus very low roughness makes a black material.

I am using mxm files for my materials all the time and can only recommend this. The new MXED wizard makes life easy. On the other hand it should be as easy to adapt the formZ basic settings to the wizard parameters. Translation of formZ basic settings to mxm files for MXCL and Studio should be easy then. formZ basic and MXED wizard parameters are quite different now (these are no material comparisons, just the offered settings):

By juan
Yes Nd = 1 is affecting all and it will be fixed as soon as possible.

Juan
By Dexel
Thanks Juan.
S
By zak
So Juan, how do we get around this bug ?

Jesper
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]