Hi,
I'm trying to put some framed photos in a scene I'm rendering. I Can usualy do this easily by using the "decal" tool in FormZ. I haven't been able to figure this out in Maxwell. I have so far been able to figure out how to map the image I want onto a surface and have it not tile. I can also change the size of the image. Now the only things I can't figure out are how to make the image size be exactly the dimensions I need it to be and how to center the image relative to the frame that it is in and be able to move it around in the scene and still have it be centered in the frame.
does anyone have any good tips or links for tutorials?

Thanks!
By Peder
You need to check out the texture mapping tool (next to the surface style tool and looks like a brick wall) in FZ.

Regards,
Peder
By tcamco
I haven't been able to make decals work in Maxwell. I usually make a very thin second object (on top of the original surface) the size I need and use the texture map tool to position the image. I use an alpha channel in Maxwell if I need the image to be transparent like a decal. I would love it if I could just send it to Maxwell as a decal and have it render correctly, but as I mentioned I haven't been successful. If anyone else has I would like to learn how.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Although i’ve been happily rendering away in[…]

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]