Send us your record-breaking works according to the categories inside. We will post them if a record is broken.
By Bubbaloo
I think there is more room to grow, too. This scene was made in Max9 using a simple rectangle on a plane and scattering the rectangle, varying the scale and rotation. 65,000 scatter objects is max's limit, so I had to do it multiple times (30). I let it render overnight.
If I have time, I will try squeezing more in today.
Last edited by Bubbaloo on Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By tom
31+, aha :)
By Bubbaloo
It actually uses more memory to export from max to mxs than to render it! 70% of my 16 Gb.

Poly's: 65,000 scatter objects x 40 = 2.6 mil x 6 poly's each = 15.6 million poly's... so far...
By Bubbaloo
Well, this is the limit my computer can handle. 23 Million Polys:

The MXS file was 4 gb.
I will post a wire of the scene next. Do I get a sticky?? :D
By tom
:D :wink:
By Bubbaloo
Here is a screen capture of the Max scene. Keep in mind that I have the scatter objects set to display only 1% of all objects... If I tried to show them all, my graphics card would explode. :lol:

By JDHill
Bubbaloo wrote:The MXS file was 4 gb.
If you said 'file' and '4gb' in the same sentence 10 years ago...

By Bubbaloo
Hyperballad wrote:Bubb can you export the scene so I can see if my pc can handle it?
Do you want the Max file? How much Ram does your computer have?
By misterasset
What was the RAM usage while it was rendering? It seems that Maxwell's RAM usage while rendering is more dependant on the size of the image instead of what's in it.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]