Send us your record-breaking works according to the categories inside. We will post them if a record is broken.
By Tim Ellis
Data:-

Render:-

Close up:-

Used the 3DSMax plugin as Studio refused to render or save 8 million triangles or more.

Tim.
By Tim Ellis
I tried with 20 million but Max crashed when my memory maxed out. That was at 3.7GB.

I didn't save the file as a .max file, so perhaps that helped for it not to crash, can't explain it otherwise. Unless it's something to do with Win XP 64, or two cpu's or their 2GB per cpu ram set up.

Oh also I had the mesh objects in bounding box mode, which might have helped.

Tim.
By Fernando Tella
I have to rectify what I've just said. I have just loaded a 12mill triangles scene from max without problems and 3dsmax went over 2GBs of memory usage. Mxcl near 3GB while voxelization.

:| I was sure that max could not go over 1.5GB

When I try to render a finished scene with textures and so usually can't go over 1.5GB. It crashes with a run out of memory message.

Maybe the textures make the difference.
By JDHill
:o

Excellent! :D
By Tim Ellis
JDHill wrote::o

Excellent! :D
It was your tip about rendering through the plug in that helped me the most. Thank you. :D

Tim.
By Tim Ellis
Voidmonster wrote:Tsk tsk. Still not in a barrel!

Put them in a barrel, and make it all glass!

8)
Okay, okay, I take it you have some wierd monkey / barrel fetish? ;) :lol:

I'll see what I can come up with. ;)

Tim.
By tom
You are definitely the pain of computer resources :lol: Superb!
By Tim Ellis
Voidmonster wrote:A scholarly tretise on this arcane unit of measurement.
:D Quality. :lol:
scholarly wrote:The result was stupendous and is still debated: 6.7 monkeys per barrel

I've put many more in the image that's rendering now. Will post tomorrow for you.
Tom wrote:You are definitely the pain of computer resources Superb!

Cheers Tom, I'll see what my machine's total limit is in the next few days, if it hasn't melted in the process. ;)

Tim.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]