Any features you'd like to see implemented into Maxwell?
By DELETED
DELETED
By Joss
I'm voting for it too. Number of CPUs in the license could be rised a bit, especially taking into account maxwell render times.

From the other side, i can understand NL too - they only sell renderer, not plug-ins. So, they will get almost no profit if some large company will just buy single license and will use it on 1000 cpus or 1000 workplaces.
By Maximus3D
That's a doubleedged sword, two things can happen. Giving unlimited node licenses could increase the sales as more clients see they can afford to implement Maxwell in their production line. Or the sales could drop alot since people and companies needs to invest in fewer licenses.

However including unlimited licenses in the price i can say from my point of view would boost their sales as they would as a example sell Maxwell to renderfarms and it would also make other people and companies who didn't consider investing in Maxwell due to the extreme licensing costs for the machineparks will be able to buy it now and that would in itself be a tremendous positive thing for both Next Limit and for Maxwell.

/ Max
By Joss
I think that rising cpus number to 10 or 20 would be enough. For example - i've got 6 machines in my office, so i don't need 100 cpus license ;)
By Olivier Cugniet
well I think that when Alias gave unlimited render nodes to customers who found that the "maya" render was too slow, they sold more licenses... :wink:

maybe I'm wrong :?
By morbid angel
dont forget vray has same thing...unlimited network rendering...just because of that we chose vray over brazil. I do agree with maxwell's render times, they got to give some deal. But first...lets see stable solid version 1.0
By Hervé
Dudes, I really think you are wasting your time here... as whiskey said they already sold multiple Licenses to some People, so do U think they would give them back their money... he he... one can dream... :wink:
By Go5Go
Forget cpus.. let it be based on nodes with unlimited cpus.. That way farms can use multi-cpus at nodes more effectively. Always seems to be a battle (unless it completely unlimited) to use cpus or actual nodes. This would also leave less confusion as to whether or not a dual core cpu counts as one or two cpus; And the future seems to be these multi-core multi-cpu machines. As people upgrade their workstations and render machines they don't have to worry that they will run out of licenses.

Cheers.
Pete
By morbid angel
Herve I dont think we'r wasting time;
Mental Images has always been about network licensing. Infact their render node pack would cost 10k usd for 10 network licenses, and studios bough those network licenses and now they end up making it free....So, maxwell wont be the first one.
By Hervé
It could happen when there will be another Maxwell type of renderer.... but for now, no other choice... so no free whatever.... besides I kinda understand... they are really at the begining of dev., so money IS an issue for them.... I think.... :roll:
By markps
I go for one point. When I bought it. 4 Nodes didn't seem so bad. But hey when when I found out that I had bought one of the slowest renders in the market. Then it seems imperative more nodes.

Yeah it is slow but hey what great trade off for the image quility :o)

Anyway... More nOdes! More nOdes!
By markps
That's exactlty why GeneCrucean... with such a slow render times (that in fact we didn't know that before buying it) we need more processing power to deliver a single image on the same time frame that ALL other renders do, despite the quality.

Figure this... what is faster? having two dual Xeon 3.0 ghz computer or having Eight P4 2.4ghz computers? You've got it. and what is cheapper? The enswer is on both the eigh p4 computers...

This Processor Licensing limit is non sense. Very disapointing.
By lllab
i also think they will be forced to do unlimited ot at least 10cpus lisence as every other system too.

users will be just angry and not buy it otherwise....

soon all machines will have at least 2 or 4 cores in normal machines, even norebooks will have 2 cores.

to limit mw to just 4 cores is just a ripp off in my opinion. i am aslo very sure maxwell wont really sell mor elicenses through that policy, they might sell less even.

i hope version 1.0 will bring better user policy....

cheers
stefan
By Cyberfish_Fred
exactly! We also need some extra power to get rid of the noise :?
By lchest
Its impossible to say it enough times - this thread should be kept alive til a change is made ! NL must adjust their cpu policy to gain more foothold. When MentalRay was first released as a free renderer with Max, there was a limit on the render nodes (very similar to Maxwell). They soon realised that this was counterproductive as noone was interested and have recently revised their policy to increase market share. Back in teh day, I would never have purchased Vray if it wasnt for the fact that MentalRay had this limitation. Now, I cannot seriously use Maxwell because of the licensing issue (it just doesnt make economic sense when I can easily get 40 nodes (though i only have 12) out of Vray 1 license). When Maxwell brings its cpu licensing policy into the "real world" and adds a few more improvements in subsequent upgrades/patches, it will become the renderer of choice everywhere !
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]