Any features you'd like to see implemented into Maxwell?
By Robur
Hi, Love the Sky Model..... would be great if there was a spinner to control the dispersion of light = shadow softness/sharpness? Could this be in the form of particles in the air - equivalent to high pressure haze or pollution?

Cheers,

Cameron.
By thomas lacroix
i maybe had found the setting to change to get softer shadows, i 'm currently running several renders only tweaking the environement, check there tomorrow please

EDIT:

so here it is... actually it seems that we cannot yet modify a lot of things in the environement setting.Yet only few tweak seems to work but not sure it'll be that useful... for softer shadow it seems that the skydome is a better choice...

the tests

daysetup, default madrid set to14h
i had increase each 3 slots one by one

same thing by night 0h00

apparently the ozone seems to increase the amount of the sky influence while the turbidity increase the sun one (in physicall sky) but strangely doing so lower the shadow sharpness...incresaing water yet seems to change nothing ... i'll run same tests with next release... :?
By thomas lacroix
supersonnnic wrote:for the night shots, you should work with different coloured balls, to get diffrences in brightness of the coloured balls!
what ever subject you render it must remains the same color whatever the time of day or night you'd render, but why not rendering with different colors to see if it increase or decrease contrast or what so ever... i'll do that when next release will be available... :D
By Robur
Hey Thomas, great stuff - all helps the understanding of this great Maxwell.......

Cheers.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]