Any features you'd like to see implemented into Maxwell?
By Matteo Villa
1) Improved local CO-OP GPU rendering Performance.

2) Multiple GPU using FIRE.

3) CPU + multi GPU rendering. we are waiting for this since the V4

4) Direct Link in real TIME to major BIM / CAD / Modelling Software. Something already present within LUMION, that give the ability to modify a specific project inside the main software used to create the project, and update it automatically to Maxwell STUDIO.

5) If isn't possibile valuating the direct link in real time, at last update the modelling /modify tools inside Maxwell Studio to something nearly similar with Rhinoceros or Archicad.

6) Multilight for GPU rendering

7) Multilight layout for FIRE RENDERING inside Studio.

8 ) Improving GPU performance ( CUDA based ) reaching the speed of Octane Render.

9) Automated importer for Vray and Octane material / shaders
By luis.hijarrubia
Matteo Villa wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:04 pm
1) Improved local CO-OP GPU rendering Performance.

2) Multiple GPU using FIRE.

3) CPU + multi GPU rendering. we are waiting for this since the V4

4) Direct Link in real TIME to major BIM / CAD / Modelling Software. Something already present within LUMION, that give the ability to modify a specific project inside the main software used to create the project, and update it automatically to Maxwell STUDIO.

5) If isn't possibile valuating the direct link in real time, at last update the modelling /modify tools inside Maxwell Studio to something nearly similar with Rhinoceros or Archicad.

6) Multilight for GPU rendering

7) Multilight layout for FIRE RENDERING inside Studio.

8 ) Improving GPU performance ( CUDA based ) reaching the speed of Octane Render.

9) Automated importer for Vray and Octane material / shaders

Thank you for your suggestions. I will comment some of them.

4) Asset reference do that. You can import some format with the asset reference, and it will update changes on studio as soon as it detects the file has changed.

7) This is not easy at all. Multilight is heavily related to mxi format. On studio we don't use mxi, but work on the image to display directly. This is to make it faster. If we put all render features on fire, it won't be faster for preview, as intended.

9) There is a vray importer on studio v5, had you try it? Is it missing something?
By Matteo Villa
Asset reference sadly need to link each object.

It's work mainly with .obj, .dae, .fbx and other format. but isn't the same thing as linking for example a whole big ARCHICAD project.

The Vray importer is good for importing full Vray scene already textured.
But would be awesome having the possibility to integrate Vray shaders directly inside a new Maxwell Project.

For the GPU + CPU rendering there is a chance to see it integrated inside the next patch Release?
By luis.hijarrubia
Matteo Villa wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:01 pm
For the GPU + CPU rendering there is a chance to see it integrated inside the next patch Release?
No. It's technicaly really complicated. We use CPU on GPU rendering on some parts like some post-process, it won't benefith as much as you can expect. I don't get why everybody is so on fire with the hybrid idea.
By Matteo Villa
I personally tested the Hybrid system of THEA Render and Blender and found relatively a good improvement in using the raw power of GPU + CPU.
In fact the gap in Hybrid CPU+GPU is very smaller compared to only GPU if you use a CPU with low core count. ( For example on a system with 2x 1080TI , and a 7700K the cpu is defintely a bottleneck for the 2 GPU sometimes even resulting in worst rendering time scenario.)

Using 2x 1080TI + an AMD threadripper 2990WX the difference start to be relatively important, due to the raw power of the Cpu for sure but mainly because there isn't a big difference between the GPU and CPU performance, i can save over one minute for rendering the same scene.

I will try soon the 3990X then i could clearly have a nice comparison.

If it isn't possible technically or the Team can't invest to much time in this solution, would be awesome , when there will be no difference between CPU and GPU rendering,
giving the possibility to use both the CPU and the GPU for Co-OP rendering.

This could be a nice workaround considering each Node will create a different MXI files that will be merged afterward.
By luis.hijarrubia
Matteo Villa wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:59 pm
If it isn't possible technically or the Team can't invest to much time in this solution, would be awesome , when there will be no difference between CPU and GPU rendering,
giving the possibility to use both the CPU and the GPU for Co-OP rendering.
For me this is the key. We are still developing things like coatings, SSS or multilight on GPU. When that's done we can start thinking in merge results with other engine.
By Matteo Villa
This would virtually bring back Maxwell Render in the top tier of rendering Software.

High quality images, highly reduced time and faster workflow.

If Maxwell Team reach this goal there's no need to keep another rendering software as a backup.

Anyway nice news on the horizon. Hope you will continue improving the CPU rendering engine to increase the support over Threadripper solutions.
By Forum Moderator
Hi Matteo,

Regarding the "Multilight layout for FIRE RENDERING inside Studio", have you checked the Lights panel in Studio? It shows all the lights in the scene (the referenced are not shown) and you can play with the intensities in a very similar way.

Regarding the asset reference, you can link the whole scene except for the limitation of not including emitting materials. This limitation could be solved if we worked on enabling the possibility of using emitting materials applied to triangle groups. Luis had an idea regarding this. Maybe it's not so hard.

Cheers!
Fernando

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]