Any features you'd like to see implemented into Maxwell?
A useful addition to add to the Materials Editor to help better understand some of the commands and their limits/value range, is to add another column to the right of the BSDF Properties / Surface Properties / Subsurface Properties etc. showing typical or preferred values for selected settings. eg. if Nd is selected a table to the right is displayed showing a list of typical materials - metal, plastic, wood, tile etc. and the range of values associated with each material. For shiny plastic the Nd range may show 1.1 - 2.2 or whatever the preferred settings should be as a visual guide to users when adjusting these parameters for that type of material.
A bit like an inline help? It sounds good; it would help the beginners.

There are other improvements we have in mind, like having the texture list collapsed at the right side of the editor(currently it's available from the File menu) or having some buttons to create BSDFs, coatings, displacement, layers, shiny layers,...

Best,
Fernando
Hi Fernando,

That's right, so there's something there as a quick reminder on the "standard" values for each material type. This feature could be expanded on with other menus so there's a ready-reference as users go to pick a setting. This sort of help info is always useful. When I first got into Maxwell I fell into the trap of using it like a traditional render engine based on the previous software we'd migrated up from. Having some help info display on a per menu basis would likely have saved us 'lost' time and we'd have better understood the power of Maxwell much sooner.

...and 3 Days later, 82.528 Views !!! ...NL, every[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]

grass generator extension

Just downloaded MWR5 for Rhino 6 and want to use g[…]

Hello everyone, I have a new bug with the latest M[…]