Any features you'd like to see implemented into Maxwell?
By choo-chee
yup. try to work for long time with a render that has 30 + emitters. moving your head again and again to read materials names that are vertical while everything else is horizontal.
why not use color - codes (when applying an emitter, it will have a unique color (red, yellow etc.) like material ID - but only for quick find in the multilight panel. and tooltips with materials/emitters name are also better than rotating the head again and again...
By choo-chee
tried it. nice. why not bundle it into the regular maxwell render window? if i launch a render from maya and want it to be multilight, without the need to find the temp mxi and reload it to the stand-alone app, that cannot give back feedback to maya....
By F. Tella
You can also change the layout of the sliders in Maxwell Render Multilight panel to horizontal. Click Options menu in Multilight panel > View > Layout Horizontally. You can also sort them by name, type or intensity.

Regarding the standalone app, its main focus is on people with no experience in Maxwell, so you can send your mxi files to your customer with a link to download the app so they can play with it easily or to make fast presentations without needing to have Maxwell licensed on a computer not owned by you.

In the future it may evolve into something more sophisticated or professional or integrate its functionalities into Maxwell Render.

Cheers!
Fernando
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]