Any features you'd like to see implemented into Maxwell?
By gmenzel
Isn´t this just a cube map with blended edges? Certainly nice to have, but how does it help to decrease repetition?
By seghier
it's look similar to the new 3dsmax feature "correction"
You will find more explanation . tutorials and examples.
Everyone use sometimes objects without uvmapping like sofa and if he use cube mapping the repetition in the leather is very clear . he need remodeling and paint texture. Triplanar is simple solution for that
Last edited by seghier on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Mihai
Because normal mapping relies on a mesh’s tangents jiving with it’s UVs, and since we’re using the world coordinates as stand-ins for our UVs, the tangents of the mesh certainly won’t jive. You can still use normal maps to give some lighting variation to the surfaces, but they won’t be correct.
So it won't work so well with normal maps then? Does Vray have this same problem?
By Mihai
It seems kind of limited to me.... :?: I would prefer to have simply some randomization parameters in the texture picker. Randomize rotation/offset/scale for example with each tile. That would work also for planar surfaces which it seems this Triplanar mapping wouldn't.
By seghier
Randomize it is not a solution
The texture must mixed together and this is good solution better than cubic or planar mapping
For terrain , walls , leather , stones ..
Of course uv mapping is better but what is the solution with objects without uv mapping ?
And i think many users didn't use procedural textures in maxwell or they don't use them. And this is an option which can used anytime when we need it.
Have problems or still in developement . maxwell developers can make it better and useful
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]