Any features you'd like to see implemented into Maxwell?
By dariolanza
Good work, Nildar :D
Greetings to all the 'blender-ers' among us :wink:

Cheers

Dario Lanza
By Polyxo
The plugin indeed looks well made and pretty complete!
What seems critical though was Fire support as one can not see any sort of material preview inside the
Blender editor window. Or am I doing something wrong? Also hooking up the default material presets
probably made sense for getting people started.
By dariolanza
Support for Fire involves a much more complicated implementation than the current regular exporter.
In fact, embedding the interactive engine inside an external application it is way more complicated than one could at first imagine and involves parts of the Maxwell core that are not public, so it won't be possible unless here at NL we decide to take the development of the plugin ourselves, which I guess it is not possible for us so far.

However, congrats to Nildar for the quality of this plugin that makes it possible to enjoy Blender plus Maxwell.

Cheers

Dario Lanza
By Blazko
Dariolanza can you explain us, why it is impossible to develop this plugin by Next Limit team and what would have to change to open this possibility?
By dariolanza
Hello Blazko,

Basically it is a matter of resources (time, basically, as always the most limiting resource).

Currently we maintain 15 plugins for 15 platforms, aside from the maintenance and development of Studio and the main renderer. We don't know about any render engine with such a huge collection of plugins.

However, although 15 platforms may sound a lot, there are always many more out of the list (i.e. AutoCAD) and we are always thinking in adding new platforms to the list, but we use to consider it carefully, as each new platform supported opens a new branch of complexity to the whole structure (if your intention is to maintain a good level of quality in all the plugins, of course).

For those platforms we can not cover, we provide an SDK to allow external developers in the community like Nildar to create new tools if they want.
In fact, we are very pleased with the quality of the work Nildar is doing in his plugin and we are often trying to contact him to provide him pieces of code and tools that would make his work easier and better, and never succeeded in maintain communications with him.

If any of you have a closer relationship with Nildar, tell him to send me a private message, as we are always available to help him improve his work. In fact, we could send him tools to implement Fire within Blender, but for that we need to maintain a closer and more often and confident relationship with him.
Encourage him to contact us.

Cheers!

Dario Lanza
By Asmithey
I just emailed Nikolaev Ildar. I hope he will cantact NL.......
By Blazko
Dariolanza, big thanks for your answer.
I hope that the sixteenth official Maxwell plugin will be made for Blender or that Nikolaev will cooperate with NL in the best possible way and for a long time.
By AndreD
dariolanza wrote:Hello Blazko,

Basically it is a matter of resources (time, basically, as always the most limiting resource).

Currently we maintain 15 plugins for 15 platforms, aside from the maintenance and development of Studio and the main renderer. We don't know about any render engine with such a huge collection of plugins.

However, although 15 platforms may sound a lot, there are always many more out of the list (i.e. AutoCAD) and we are always thinking in adding new platforms to the list, but we use to consider it carefully, as each new platform supported opens a new branch of complexity to the whole structure (if your intention is to maintain a good level of quality in all the plugins, of course).
Yes, but Blender could be "the" platform to keep Maxwell alive in future, when other platforms die..
I would think about, to sell a price reduced Blender only version of Maxwell render..
That could really brings some traffic.
I'll do my upgrade from mw2 to mw3 in near future by the way, for using it together with Blender..
By Asmithey
Thinking of upgrading today....I just want to ask those of you that have been using the latest BMaxwell. Is it for the most part fully functional? Does it include and support all or most of the latest MRv3 tools such as volumetrics within Blender?
By dariolanza
Hi all,

Did anyone succeeded in maintaing communications with Nildar about the development of the BMaxwell plugin?

Does anyone have a fluid communication with him?

Dario
By Asmithey
I have tried to communicate with him via email recently, twice. Recently on October 19th and in July. He used to be very responsive. But in the last year or so not so much.

I am still using MR 2.7 and Blender 2.68a. I just have not heard a lot of feed back about the recent B-Maxwell add-on and its feature set integration with Maxwell v3. So I have been hesitant on upgrading.

Here are his emails....

iinik@bk.ru
nildar@users.sourceforge.net
By Asmithey
There has been an update posted on the Blenderartists forum.......

Beavis has something to say...Fire, Fire, Fire......

Woo Hoo!!

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthr ... t=bmaxwell
Last edited by Asmithey on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]