Any features you'd like to see implemented into Maxwell?
By Lynchon
Nice "thoughts"... but as Ton Rossendal once said:

-blender is not for everyone its just for enthusiasts.

Asking blender (community) to solve license issues or integrate itself into profesional pipelines will never give optimal results because they have opposite objectives, profesional tools wants to have the job done as fast as posible and with the best results while blender just wants to play and have fun, again im not judging the quality of each tool but its philosophy.

And that is why maxwell will never be fully integrated into blender unless nextlimit takes the control over its plugin and accepts loosing money developing it.

And those were my thoughts...thanks for reading :)
By tom
seghier wrote:he can't post here because the forum allow posting for licensed users only
No, it's not the reason. I wanted to give him hand for several times on this matter but he insisted on rejecting to get in touch with us.
By Rickyx
seghier wrote:Bmaxwell have new update :)
It does not work for me on Debian linux64 and Blender 2.67b. You managed to use it?

And, in the homepage the license I see is GNU General Public License version 2.0 (GPLv2) but I can't find anywhere the source code of pymaxwell.so: I'm I missing something?

Thank you,
Riccardo
By Rickyx
Ok, I read that pymaxwell.so is the one provided by Next Limit, I thought it was a different version.
By Fernando Tella
Rickyx wrote:Ok, I read that pymaxwell.so is the one provided by Next Limit, I thought it was a different version.
Do you still have in mind developing your Blender plugin, Rickyx?
By Asmithey
I had been using Form-Z as my main app with Maxwell Render since 2006. I started learning Blender in 2010, and when the Bmaxwell add-on was released, Blender became my main app and Form-Z my supplemental app. So now I do rely on the Bmaxwell add-on. As others have stated, it is a well integrated add-on. I have never had any real problems using it and N.Ildar has been great at addressing any bugs. Pure speculation here, but I think when the time is right N.Ildar will approach Next Limit about the add-on. I know NL has extended themselves to N.Ildar about the add-on. When the time comes and N.Ildar approaches NL, I hope NL will still be willing to work something out for the future of the add-on.
By Rickyx
Fernando Tella wrote:
Rickyx wrote:Ok, I read that pymaxwell.so is the one provided by Next Limit, I thought it was a different version.
Do you still have in mind developing your Blender plugin, Rickyx?
This is the script: https://github.com/al3p/BtoMW
The development is now stopped because I can't fund the project and nobody showed interest.
I'm still using this script as I don't need "special features" (ex. particles) and my workflow is still fitting: specially the assignation by material name is quite useful.

Of course B-Maxwell has a huge amount of features that leaks in BtoMW.

If someone wants to continue the job is welcome, by his own hand or contacting Alessandro (I suppose he's available for continuing).
Fell free to ask further details.

Have a nice day,
Riccardo
By tom
Asmithey wrote:I know NL has extended themselves to N.Ildar about the add-on. When the time comes and N.Ildar approaches NL, I hope NL will still be willing to work something out for the future of the add-on.
Good news! We are finally in touch with N.Ildar and I'm happy to announce this here. Currently, we have a lot of internal changes in SDK as we're working on v3. So, he will join and keep his good work when we're ready to share these new changes with him. Therefore, he won't lose time with building more stuff on obsolete methods. Thanks for your patience...
By AndreD
tom wrote:
Asmithey wrote:I know NL has extended themselves to N.Ildar about the add-on. When the time comes and N.Ildar approaches NL, I hope NL will still be willing to work something out for the future of the add-on.
Good news! We are finally in touch with N.Ildar and I'm happy to announce this here. Currently, we have a lot of internal changes in SDK as we're working on v3. So, he will join and keep his good work when we're ready to share these new changes with him. Therefore, he won't lose time with building more stuff on obsolete methods. Thanks for your patience...
Thats great!
Now, I switched from Cinema broadcast to Blender and I really like (love) it.
So much features I'm missing in C4d broadcast, upgrading to C4d studio is no alternative for me, because the most stuff like
fluids, sculpting and physics are just fun for me without any payment.
Off course, I'll keep cinema but I'm doing a lot of stuff in blender now and it makes a lot of fun :-)
Fire would be cool! 8)

Great news!!
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]