Any features you'd like to see implemented into Maxwell?
By Takumi Takahashi
Hi all,

Maybe this is just me, but I see several posts in this Wish list forum requesting to support platforms which Maxwell Render does not currently.

While it is wonderful NL acknowledges variety of users' requests, and made an announcement to support more platforms, I am just concerned that how Next Limit's strategies to balance their development efforts targetted for supporting various platforms versus leading Maxwell's core technology - such as debugging bugs / implementing mandatory features / making speed optimizations.

As SDK soon rolls out, it is less meaningful to commit NL's development time for other platforms or 3D apps' plug-ins, and I definitely would like NL to concentrate on debugging current bugs, implement some missing features and optimize-the-hxll-out-of Maxwell renderer.

So far I see some improvements are made but some bugs are not fixed since the alpha 1.1.10 and new bugs are creeping in into alpha 1.1.23.

Okay - so I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and maybe feeling a bit mean or something, but I am just thinking in the long run - NL would have to pay in order to keep their HR costs for supporting that many platforms. If not, the price of Maxwell Render goes up, or maintenance fees show up on the price list.

I am not flaming the NL's decision here - what I want to see is their technology gets implemented as they intended, works as intended and we users get benefits from it.

What are your thoughts ?
By Maxer
I agree with you :) I think that they should concentrate on developing the core features and implementing necessary tools that will be essential for production instead of trying to accommodate all of these other render platforms. Two of the most important aspects that need to be addressed is speed and cooperative rendering. Once Maxwell is out of Alpha and Beta testing and nearing release then it makes since to start thinking about making it available to other platforms. :lol:

Just my 2 cents
By victor
The Maxwell core development team is different from the plug-in development team, so this should not interfere. We appreciate your ideas, we all want the bugs out!
By Takumi Takahashi
Maxer - Thanks for your response.

Victor - Thanks !

Hope your teams (core + plug-ins) recognize the bugs we are posting at forums and keep following them up there so we don't get lost :)
By victor
That's right.
By Takumi Takahashi
Thanks for feedbacks guys !

cheers,
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]