Please post here anything else (not relating to Maxwell technical matters)

Anyone else interested in a tutorial DVD by the master?

YES
84%
NO
16%
By Maximus3D
:)

Robur: I'm not upset from this, all i thought was that it's a silly idea. The thing is that making text tutorials is one thing. Almost everyone can do that, but making a good professional DVD without it getting cheesy and corny is a totally different matter. You need to have a solid good structure, you need a real good speaker which isn't boring to listen to. The tutorial needs to actually teach something and not just show off fancy effects which alot of tutorials do.. and it's awfully costly to massproduce them. And i'm sure you're not lazy, it wasn't meant towards you what i said, just most people in general tend to be lazy when it comes to learning, especially men are more lazy than women are :)

goncalo: Nice to see you agree :) hehe yeap the forum is much more interactive and a better place if you wanna learn than a static dvd tutorial is, or something pre-written. But that's just my personal opinion. Keep on learning!

whiskey: Hehe that's right :D after 8 seconds of watching/listening you rip your hair out if you still got any..

Burkhard: Hehe, am i involved ? how ? :) maybe i could do the voiceovers on the DVD if it would ever happen..

Nico: :D hehe, i'm sure it would be good but i doubt it would be a success until NL has let Maxwell mature and grow some more into a finished product, it's still in it's diapers and not yet ready to walk outdoors on it's own (if i put it that way). And further more as i think i said earlier above here that writing a textbased pdf tutorial is one thing, but making a pro looking dvd with all that it requires is a totally different matter. There are lots of horrible examples out there on the market of unprofessionally made tutorial dvd's *shrugs*

I'm sorry i write so much and longwinded but i can't cut it short and the text just keeps flowing outta my fingers :P

/ Max
By Robur
Hej Goncalo & Maximus3D - thanks for the input :D .... you guys have a good weekend...... and I look forward to seeing more of your great work in these pages :D

Cheers.

PS Just watched that great Swedish movie 'My life as a dog' - fantastic...... a must see movie (along with Amelie...... of course).
By otacon
Tutorial dvd's are a waste of time imo.
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]