Please post here anything else (not relating to Maxwell technical matters)
By feynman
"I think you need to simplify your design a bit, it's too heavy"

Vraiment d'accord!

Very busy and hard on the eye, with tons of dark/bright contrasts, funny elliptical icons, etc.

Why not go for DISCOURSE, like Rhino and many others do? Apart from its top functionality, one can find things quickly and it is very easy on the eye https://discourse.mcneel.com/
By Forum Moderator
lebulb wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:18 pm
It's pretty funny, I just redone the skin of the French forum :D
(same icon lol)

I think you need to simplify your design a bit, it's too heavy
I also like your design with the flat icons and clear background.
Very nice.
By lebulb
Thank you "Forum Moderator" :)

It's your real nickname? :wink:
It would be nice to have a staff icon to distinguish NL from others users.
(This is handled like ranks in admin)

By Forum Moderator
Haha, no my name is Supercool :lol: :P (hopefully you have seen the Lego Movie and my joke will make some sense :lol: )

You can call me Fernando, though.

Staff icons are a good idea, yes.

Cheers!
By Mihai
Guys, I've done some tweaking to the design on my local server, notably removed these annoying lines and postnr to the right, made the text slightly larger, we're going to reactivate the attachment functionality and I'm also going to use the very nice icons graciously provided by lebulb. It will be updated in the following days.
By Mihai
Yeah, the following days... :P I live in "Maxwell time". I've finally updated the icons and tweaked the design some more. It was more difficult than I thought with this theme to change all icons and I've been really busy with other stuff, that's why it took so long.

You may have noticed also the search functionality was crippled and that's because the forum was moved to a new server and the phpbb index needed to be rebuilt. Now the NL server guys took care of that and the search works again.

Later on I'll also try to move the user icon/info to the right of each post so it's not repeated above which is distracting. Voila for now...

Thanks to lebulb for his great icons!
By feynman
Hmm, still very visually cluttered with all those contrasty elements, and white on dark text not very friendly on the eye : (

Rhino's discourse based forum is so very much more user-friendly and good to read

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]