Please post here anything else (not relating to Maxwell technical matters)
Hey everyone,

So, we where doing a project for the client who obviously wanted 'photorealistic' renders - the one, that would actually 'sell' his project, BUT have them composited into current environment (which is really 'unattractive').
The other day, I would simplify the objects/buildings around, or do some post pro on them, etc. The regular stuff...
But, having an object placed into rough 'unattractive' environment, and make this render 'sell' the future project kinda doesn't work.

So, I'm curious - what are experience with making that sort of archviz?
Where's that thin line between photorealistic, eye candy render and rough but 'unattractive' realism?

Thanks
i think the only thing you can get away with at the customer is make the environment look like a cold rainy and dirty day but let you project house seems like a warm and comfortable shelter with warm lights and nice interiors.

beside that coustomers prefer nice environment and nice weather :)

if you cant provide that try to improve the environment from you project by making it as clean and as atractive as possible. desaturate the environment a bit. so the project house stick more out...

cheers
Thanks for the tips!

In the end I went for a combo of desaturate, fade out, and a touch of 'out-of-focus'.
But yeah, it's not quite common for a client to ask to "keep those ghetto-looking buildings in there".
Oh well... :)

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]