Please post here anything else (not relating to Maxwell technical matters)
By bjorn.syse
Hi,

I'm 28 years old. I won't be getting any younger, so I figured I want to 3D-scan my head and/or torso for future reference and renders, before it deteriorates Have anyone of you done this, and can recommend something? Preferably cheap. Possibly a service somewhere (in Sweden that is)..

Regards,

- Björn
By Maximus3D
I'm not aware of any such 'cheap' fullbody 3d scanning services here in Sweden. If you find one you can be sure it's gonna run your bankaccount empty pretty fast. The only fullbody scanner i heard of that's non-studio is one they use for measuring bodyfat on humans. They scan the entire body and then use that in comparison to a later scan when the patient been on a diet for a certain amount of time. I think that was in USA somewhere they had that at some hospital, not sure which one.

What i don't quite get is why you would like to scan yourself, you're still young Bjorn. I'm 36 and probably have alot more to worry about than you do for another 20+ years. :D

Edit: I forgot to mention that Paulo at Creative Tools here in Halmstad, Sweden (a Maxwell reseller) has a small handheld scanner that could probably be used for a fullbody scanning. Although it would take time and probably not be as accurate as a real fullbody scanner would be but you can probably get yourself scanned at his company for a smaller amount of cash.
http://www.creativetools.se/hardvara/3d ... an-3d.html

/ Max
Last edited by Maximus3D on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By bjorn.syse
No, I'm absolutely serious. I'd love to have that look of 28 "saved". Perhaps I can use it to CAM-mill my bust as a gravestone when I die aswell.
:)

Max: Cool, well.. full body isn't a must. Head + shoulders would do. But yes, I'm still young, but I won't be able to do this when I'm not, will I? :) I'd be fun to do it every 5 years aswell, and round the heads up, put on some marble material and maxwell them out to see the story of my life..
By Mattia Sullini
Bubbaloo wrote:Somebody's going through a midlife crisis? Do like I did and buy a motorcycle.
Midlife, Brian? My plans is to go far beyond 56! :lol:
if you hoped that that was the midlife one, i believe you won't have a name for the one that is going to hit us when we will be around 45 8)
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]