Please post here anything else (not relating to Maxwell technical matters)
By Bubbaloo
Mattia Sullini wrote:
Bubbaloo wrote:Somebody's going through a midlife crisis? Do like I did and buy a motorcycle.
Midlife, Brian? My plans is to go far beyond 56! :lol:
if you hoped that that was the midlife one, i believe you won't have a name for the one that is going to hit us when we will be around 45 8)
Right! Not looking forward to that one unless I'm stinking rich by then.
By camel
I do 3d scanning for 4 years now.. tried alot of software/hardware, including david, but now i work with flexscan3d.
http://www.3d3solutions.com

I do it for other companies since few months. I noticed alot of other companies use expensive machine (50K and up), but i do it better with my software (2k) and two SLR and good beamer...

compared to david, not worth comparing, it's much better then david.. and superb accuracy with latest version, (2 camera's calibrate each other)
Thats mean issue with load of cheap software, scans seems quite ok, untill you start joining scans.. then you notice differences.. you need good 360 degr.. without stitching, thats why you need very accurate 3d data.

Problem with people/animals is keeping still, since accuracy is very high..
so only way to scan humans is with video camera's (you need 1sec scans instead of 10sec) instead of SLR camera's. I havent done this yet, but have it planned in the near future..

And off course you dont want a freaking laser pointed on your face.. (i did it few years ago.. and it feels kinda strange when you have your eyes closed and some bright red light goes over you eyeballs).

So contact me in half a year or so.. and come to Holland, ill scan your body.. (as long as your not completely naked!) :p

i've got some old examples from me here:
http://diensten.marktplaats.nl/overige- ... ind=1&fs=1
Cheers,

Camel
By bjorn.syse
Cool camel, I'll keep it in mind! .. probably gonna put this one on ice, perhaps 1 or 2 more times, and every time I take it up, I get a little bit closer to the goal..

... as with every personal project I guess. ..

thanks

- BJörn
By camel
I totally forgot about this post... like every personal project I guess ;)
once in few months, you think.. ah yes i was busy with that! lol

ok. some samples:

bottom part of the mirror of a car, this is the 3D scan rendered (very low SL):
(you see some small scann errors near the screwbos on the right)

rendering of 3D scan of a small (5cm) barbapappa doll..
as you can see maybe, we had to cut of the flowers it was carrying.. didnt need those, but you see the cutting area where we cut with the knife just above the hands ;)
By Richard
Bubbaloo wrote:
Mattia Sullini wrote:
Bubbaloo wrote:Somebody's going through a midlife crisis? Do like I did and buy a motorcycle.
Midlife, Brian? My plans is to go far beyond 56! :lol:
if you hoped that that was the midlife one, i believe you won't have a name for the one that is going to hit us when we will be around 45 8)
Right! Not looking forward to that one unless I'm stinking rich by then.
Come on guys!!! :( I'm 47 this year and your not making me feel any better about it! Still no mid life crisis yet, though could be that I'm still probably one of the hottest guys on the planet!

I guess one downside of getting older is that you aren't as attractive to as many women though I look on the bright side - I find more women attractive!
By Richard
bjorn.syse wrote:
I find more women attractive!
Haha, brilliant. Never though of that ;)
Don't worry mate at 28 it certainly isn't something I'd even wanted to think about!
By Richard
Most brilliant!!! :)

Funny the old saying stands even true in part for me - "The older I get the better I was!".
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]