Please post here anything else (not relating to Maxwell technical matters)
By bjorn.syse
I did not! Thanks for reminding me though. And now I have two children which i would also like to scans before they grow old.. Haha.

So I guess I won't have a scan of me being 28 anyhow, but more like 35 as you mention. Darn! On the bright side though I guess a lot has happened in this field technically since 7 years ago no?

I've done some tests with 123d photogrammetry scanning via the iPhone app and desktop on the kids with not super good results. Then there is the structure sensor and similar techniques with infrared am I right?

Actually, to bring back the original question, given the latest advancements in the field the past years, what is the best approach to this now in semi layman/hobby/enthusiast terms?

Björn
By nirusu
Hey there! Great to get a follow up after so many years :-)

I don't know much about the whole scanning process though I think photogrammetry could work but seems like a lot of work as well.

Why not go to Tokyo and have a 3D miniature made of yourself :-)

By now maybe these booths exist in other places as well...

Cheers,
Nils
By gotoxy av-media
hi,

you don`t have to travel around the world!
We are offering 3D ScanService for FullBody and CloseUps - but we are located in Nuremberg/Germany...far away from sweden, hmm!
If you ever visit nuremberg just contact me, it takes only 1/100s to capture.

Frank

sample:
By paulo
That is very cool. is it expensive?

Paul

gotoxy av-media wrote:hi,

you don`t have to travel around the world!
We are offering 3D ScanService for FullBody and CloseUps - but we are located in Nuremberg/Germany...far away from sweden, hmm!
If you ever visit nuremberg just contact me, it takes only 1/100s to capture.

Frank

sample:
By gotoxy av-media
...it depends...

...for one customized solution?! Pricerange starting at 250€...no upper limit :wink:
what do you need? only the photos, pointclouds, rawscans, cleaned rawscans, retopologised and textured assets...
you also have an option to rent our photogrammetry-studio on daily basis incl. operator, and scan as much as possible in the given timeframe!

Frank
By paulo
great pricing with great options as well. that's an awesome business model you set up.

Congrats
Paul

gotoxy av-media wrote:...it depends...

...for one customized solution?! Pricerange starting at 250€...no upper limit :wink:
what do you need? only the photos, pointclouds, rawscans, cleaned rawscans, retopologised and textured assets...
you also have an option to rent our photogrammetry-studio on daily basis incl. operator, and scan as much as possible in the given timeframe!

Frank
By Aniki
Not bad, we also did some research on hands recently. The problem I see on your model is baked light info, in the wrinkles/creases, the knuckles etc.. can you post a raw scan image and plain diffuse albedo maps too?

There are several shops that do 3d scanning nowadays, the question is about budget, time and desired quality.

EDIT: these are raw scans -

And some test renderings after additional enhancements:
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]