Please post here anything else (not relating to Maxwell technical matters)
By David Solito
Hello Tea_Bag.

Simple and effective, but ... I find the font too dirty for the jobs you present.
Accuracy, realism ... are the foundation of your work, here I feel a little lag.
The typo is actually a bit cheap.

Otherwise, bravo. :D
By Fernando Tella
David Solito wrote:Hello Tea_Bag.

Simple and effective, but ... I find the font too dirty for the jobs you present.
Accuracy, realism ... are the foundation of your work, here I feel a little lag.
The typo is actually a bit cheap.

Otherwise, bravo. :D
I agree.
By Tea_Bag
Thanks Brian! I'm glad you like it! :)

David & Fernando - Thanks for the feedback and critics regarding the typo! I have now changed the font removing the "dirt" look
but kept the title as is (as I ponder) :wink: :D

As for the lag its your connection :lol: :P
Last edited by Tea_Bag on Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By David Solito
yeeaaa. I feel better now :P .
Did you model the R8 in solidworks or in Rhino? Do you know MOI? What is your feedback about it?
By Tea_Bag
Sorry for the late reply David :oops: - The R8 was modeled in Solidworks :) - Ive used MOI back in the beta
stages and its a pretty powerful drawing tool when it comes to complex shapes but havent used it much so cant give you much feedback :(
I'm thinking of trying modo next year as the overall package looks good for the price! :D

What modeling software do you use!? :)
Last edited by Tea_Bag on Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By NicoR44
The new look is great Darran!! I love it.

One crit, the R8 renders look a bit burned out, and because of it it's losing depth and detail (are those Maxwell??)

That R8 looks a bit familiar :)
By Tea_Bag
Hey Nico! woohoo glad you love the new look! :D

A valid crit as sadly the clay renders are not rendered in maxwell they were done a while back in hypershot as a quick gallery knock up but as soon
as the new MW preview addon is released I will re-render the clay renders with maxwell! :)

The R8 does look abit familiar :P - How is yours progressing!? Im hoping to add more detail at some point like modeling the lights and maybe the interior :twisted:
By NicoR44
Hi Darran,

Beside the wheels I'm done with mine, I'm also going for the Gallardo :) but I think I will use the tut just as a guide, because I really like to model the parts as solids, not just surfaces 8)

Keep up the good work! :D
By Rafal SLEK
Cool Website!
BTW great texture/materials set.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]