Please post here anything else (not relating to Maxwell technical matters)
By Frances
Hervé wrote:Frances.... 1959..? ..
:wink:
:lol: Hervé. You know, looking at the thread again, I'm not sure if 8etty was referring to me or you. :oops:

I was kinda hoping that the laquer-dipping I had a few years ago did the trick... :D
By glypticmax
Name: Larry, nicknames "L.S" or 'Gator.
From: Indialantic, FL. Its on an island between the Indian River and the Atlantic Ocean.
Family: One less cat than a week ago.
Married: Yep. Something less than 30 years, I think.
Worked with 3D: 3 years. I bought Rhino as a 50th birthday present to myself. Cinema a while later. 2D since 1989.
Worked with photorealism: Macro photos since my OMI days in the 70's. CG for 18 months with C4D/AR and about 4 months with Maxwell.
Why: Initially to render my jewelry models in my attempt to make my glyptic art ubiquitous. Now as much for fun and the challenge. It *is* addictive.
By Frances
glypticmax wrote:...Family: One less cat than a week ago.
I'm sorry to hear about your cat. :(

I forgot to mention that we have two cats in our family.
By glypticmax
Thank you Frances.
I've had cats for 49 years and this one was unique. A gentle nurturing male, he loved to raise orphaned kittens. So we got him several over his 16 years.
He is as sorely missed by his feline family as he his by my wife and me.
They walk around crying, looking in every nook and cranny for him.
By WestCAD
[quote="glypticmax"]Name: Larry, nicknames "L.S" or 'Gator.

Sorry Larry I think I beat you by a couple of years
By Frances
WestCAD wrote:
glypticmax wrote:Name: Larry, nicknames "L.S" or 'Gator.

Sorry Larry I think I beat you by a couple of years
3d since AutoCAD v2.6? That officially disqualifies you for newbie status. :lol:
By Stephen
Name: Stephen Azevedo
Family: Engaged. One Ferret named Claude and a Cat named Gunner. My two kids.
Worked with 3d: Since 3D Studio v1 for DOS. Back when a frame buffer cost $2500.00 for a 1meg buffer :)
Anyone remeber the Targa 16/32 board.
Oh, and when you had to buy a co-processor for about $1500.00 because it didn't come on the CPU. (Wietek I think it was called)
Worked with Photorealism: Some success with Lightscape, though honestly only since Maxwell.
Why: Architect major drop out that prefered the creative side of 3D. Back then AutoCad was 2D only.
Hi Steve,
I saw your post just as mine was posted. :)
Yep, you have seniority by a couple of years, and quite a bit more 3D time in. That's why I included *noob* as a qualifying factor.
In addition to the fun of creating things with 3D, I really enjoy the supportive communities and the fact age is meaningless. I wish more old farts knew how much fun it is, and how the technology can really be a second wind to some creative careers. It has been for moi.
By jamsurf
Name: Jose Montelío
Family: Wife Arantza , and kids Naia ( 10 ) and Josu ( 3 )
Worked with 3D: Since i break my arm working like a gardener 7 years ago , take books and learn .Finally working real time company and
since 3 years freelance with max
Worked with Photorealism: Im still trying it . first radiosity and
Maxwell since Alpha i think .
Why: I prove myself first (curiosity ) and this is like a drug sometimes .
By Pietro Spampatti
Name: Pietro Riccardo Spampatti
Family: I will marry Franca on the last day of september
Worked With 3d: since 1991 with ArchiCAD
Worked with Photorealism: Photorealism... I still do not make it… as I want!
Why:Because I need to see what my projects communicate
By lsega77
Last edited by lsega77 on Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Jozvex
Name: Jared Martin
Family: Err, I'm single but I have 2 parents and 3 sisters! And a cat!
Worked with 3d: For about... 9 years! But more seriously for 5.
Worked with Photorealism: The last few years.
Why: Because it's great! I've always liked 3D since I was a kid and movies like Jurassic Park and The Abyss and Terminator 2 came out etc. I always wanted to be a character animator but during my 2 years at '3D school' everyone would ask me to explain or teach rendering related things like "global hallucination" and "metal rays" (hehe) and so I ended up focussing on that side of things instead, which is fine because here I am now using the great Maxwell Render among other things. 'Professionally' I was a part time Maya instructor at the 3D school I went to, in 2002/2003. Since then I've just finished working for 3 years (long story haha) on a movie pilot/pitch for Cinema Production Services who are based in LA. I worked from home here in Australia. On that project I did a lot of different things but mostly I worked on the lighting/shading/rendering with Mental Ray.

:wink:
Last edited by Jozvex on Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
By jc4d
Name: Juan Carlos Felipe Navarro
Worked with 3D: since Minicad 6
Worked with Photorealism: Still learning
Why: I start playing Super Mario Bros (NES), and StarFox (NES) (oh man I loved that game) and so on with all video games, and finally with movies. The story is a little more complex, but this is the base.
By Jozvex
dutch_designer wrote:I think Corel Dream3D is actually the first application I used for 3D... scary thought isn't it? :)
Yes it's a scary thought because that was my first 3D program too!! I used it for ages and then moved onto Newtek's Inspire 3D (no longer exists hehe). Then I used Max, and now Maya for the past 4.5 years.
Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]