Please post here anything else (not relating to Maxwell technical matters)
By michaelplogue
Voidmonster wrote:All us Yanks are busy with blowing things up and alcohol.
Hey! There's no reason you can't mix those with computers ..... Just get's a bit messy, that's all! :wink:
By Voidmonster
Seriously though, at least in my case, I've been very busy the last couple days with my non-graphics vocation -- writing.

I only got V1.1 a couple hours ago. I'm cooking ZBrush tests, and after a lot of trial and error figuring out settings (there are roughly 4 jagillion options in ZBrush's normal map module), I've got it working right. So I added SSS and I'm gonna let it cook overnight.

Working normal maps and SSS has me pretty ecstatic.
By martindejager
I only just started downloading. From the speed I can see there's a lot of interest.
By DrMerman
I only just started downloading. From the speed I can see there's a lot of interest.
:) In my opinion its worth the wait. THough i havent had much of a chance to play with it yet....stupid work getting in the way...
By hyltom
Maximus3D wrote:others are on vacation now, some are busy with work and the rest might not feel like commenting.

That's my guess...

/ Max
Well guess... :D
By Leonardo
I was to busy lastnight.... :D So I waited until today to download and hear the horror stories :lol:

leo
By martindejager
I'm only an amateur compared to the people on the forum here. That's why I have trouble getting good results. I also have too little time to exeperiment in an orderly fashion. This morning with V1.1 I was for the first time really enthousiastic about Maxwell. Worklflow with Rhino is now acceptable and I like the results better. I want to stress like. I'm to much of an amateur to judge the accuracy. I would think that for the pro's it's a good step, maybe even jump ahead.
By Leonardo
I have to say though... for NL to realse OX and Win at the same time plus 90% of all the plugins is amazing!! :shock: I'm very impress

leo
By lebbeus
So…is it working OK? Haven't had time to download yet and I'm kind of waiting for a few days to see if there are any major problems with this release…still a little gun-shy from the first RC
By glebe digital
lebbeus wrote:So…is it working OK? Haven't had time to download yet and I'm kind of waiting for a few days to see if there are any major problems with this release…still a little gun-shy from the first RC
Not tested any plug-ins yet, but Studio much quicker and they seem to have fixed the prior clunkiness. Feels very nice, images cleaning up quicker etc..........happy so far. :)
By DrMerman
Ditto to that (excluding physical sky). I'm getting images in 10 minutes that would have taken much MUCH longer before. Much.

Much
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]