Please post here anything else (not relating to Maxwell technical matters)
By mverta
The Emperor has given me admin privileges.

While each administrator controls content at their sole discretion, here are my guidelines for compliant participation:

The Off-Topic Forum is the place for all non-technical Maxwell questions, discussions, goofy video links, etc. However, I will not tolerate redundant thread creation, nor thread hijacking. If you don't know what a redundant thread is, you'll learn soon enough. Thread hijacking is the act of posting unrelated comments in another user's thread. Many users have complained to me that they're afraid to post simply because a few members will use the thread as an opportunity to insult NextLimit, or moderators personally. Those days are over.

More than likely, complaint threads will be streamlined into a couple of "bulk" locations; this would make them easier to find, centralize the discussions, and allow us to comment/participate in a more efficient manner. This is a plan only being considered at this time. Much of that decision will be based on the users' voluntary participation in restricting such topics to previously created threads.

However, in no cases will threats or personal insults be tolerated in any thread. I will always issue offending users one warning.

It has been suggested that the Off-Topic Forum be disabled; an idea I strongly disagree with. I believe that it is an important part of the community, and that grievances need a place to be heard. My administration here is partly granted in order to test that the community can abide by clear, fair, and diplomatically imposed law.
  • Always practice respect. Do not insult users: "Mike is a thief and a liar," "Tom is a Nazi." There will be no name-calling here, of individuals or the company. You will learn to express yourself with respect, no matter how fierce your grievance, or your privileges will be revoked. Don't post - drunk, or angry - vitriolic hate, and expect tolerance. If you don't know how to express yourself without resorting to abuse, you must learn. You will be issued a warning and subsequently banned for further violations.

Do not post links to anti-NL activity. It's a free internet, but NextLimit has no obligation to support deliberately anti-NL activity on their own servers. This should be common sense. Posting links to such forums, petitions, etc., is forbidden, and will result in permanent ban of offending users.

Do not cross-post or post redundant threads.

Do not hijack others' threads.
Because these activities have gone largely unchecked in past months, I understand it will take some time to acclimate to a respectful environment, so I will help identify offending behaviour in warnings for the short-term.

But make no mistake: This is not a democracy. You will abide by the forum rules and the administration of the moderators or you will be banned. Paying customers have the opportunity to participate in these forums, but no user has the right to abuse others.

While the administration of the forums is not subject to discussion, please always feel free to contact me about my administrative actions if you have questions or grievances. But also understand, that these guidelines are my own, and I am not responsible for the actions of other administrators. However, if you comply with the guidelines I've set forth here, there will be very little reason for intervention from my superiors.

Thanks for your attention,

_Mike Verta
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]