Please post here anything else (not relating to Maxwell technical matters)

Which workflow do you prefer?

1- Your application > Plugin > MXCL
83%
2- Studio (imported models) > MXCL
4%
3- Your application > Studio > MXCL
13%
By big K
i think everybody wants to use a plugin for his main 3d app when it is available.
but to all who are so against studio. have you never had the wish to look at the scene directly how your renderer gets it. sometimes you get strange render results and don´t know why - here you have the possibilty to see the scene through the eyes of your renderengine. (that´s at least a little bit how i see studio). you are able to investigate the scene and do some finetuning. you are able to exchange scenes for maxwell between different applications.
you also get some extra features that are only available in studio (and might be difficult to implement into every plugin). i don´t want to use the studio for texturing. (this might be for those without a plugin) but maybe sometimes for moving my viepoint - make a quick preview, adjust the sun, tweak a material....
so i understand if you are not happy because of the priority in development over the plugins (not necessary my opinion - but many think this way), but you should think of the studio as a good and helpful additional tool !

michael

it should be more obvious that option c uses the plugins (which are important for a solid export with textures uv etc. !)
By tom
Sure, studio will always be alive ;)
By DELETED
DELETED
By glebe digital
Hey Tom, that's a relief!! :) :)
Studio is working really well for me so I'd hate to see it disappear!
By nik_h
Bump....(!)
By AndreD
my vote for a standalone materaieditor that works together with the main app. (drag-drop material into mxm slot e.g.)
By nik_h
Move along, nothing to see here... :D
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]