Please post here anything else (not relating to Maxwell technical matters)

Which user interface is the most professional and the best?

1. Lightwave
2%
2. Maya
9%
3. 3dsmax
11%
4. XSI
9%
5. Rhinoceros
13%
6. Cinema 4D
18%
7. Modo
25%
8. ZBrush
1%
9. Blender3D
1%
10. Solidworks / Catia
1%
11. SketchUp
4%
12. Form-Z
2%
13. Archicad
0%
14. Houdini
1%
15. Amapi / Hexagon / Carrara
No votes
0%
16. Silo
2%
17. Bryce / Poser
0%
18. Revit
1%
By goncalo
For me and i use C4D many years... is C4D and i saw very well the others and i tried also...

and bakbek i think for insert coordinates and for a practical usage the C4D is the best by far
By goncalo
... and my friend Bryce interface... I think we are talking about professional software and interface for professionals who needs usefully stuff in the interface, not interfaces for beginners ( IS MY OPINION, i don´t want be against others opinions )
By tom
Fernando Tella wrote:Tom, has this poll something to do with changes in Studio UI?
No, just out of curiousity but I would also like to know what do you think about the ongoing sytle of Maxwell interfaces, too.
By goncalo
j_man wrote:
most customizable--which is why I chose C4D.
hmmm, I don't think that's true...

Silo's interface (and Modo i think) can be modified in any way you could think!

http://www.silo3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1500

http://www.silo3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3396

http://www.silo3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4165 (looks like 3dsMax)

Here's how I run Max (sometimes). note, the material editor is only open when I'm editing materials!

J.

in C4D you also can modify like you want and add buttons you need

SEE IN THE IMAGE BELLOW - MAXWELL BUTTON of the PLUGIN

By goncalo
Adam Trachtenberg wrote:I think the Studio gui is decent. My problem is that I don't want to see it at all. :)

Yes i vote with you ADAM
By tom
Thank you Adam, we're improving the workflow of plugins.
By goncalo
tom wrote:Thank you Adam, we're improving the workflow of plugins.

Thanks Tom

like i told the in last post like adam

The plugins are the most important for me

But the GUI of Maxwell with improvements i think is in good way
Last edited by goncalo on Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Olivier Cugniet
i like the studio gui. with some good improvements it could be really easy and fast to use. i can also totally understand those who just want a good plug-in to stay in the main app, it's clear that it would be the fastest workflow...
By tom
It's very nice to see constructive critics again. Yes, both Studio and plugins are important. We never forget this. I'm happy you like the Studio interface and yes you'll have some remarkable improvements about it, too.
By Polyxo
I think, there's totally different demands on interfaces for modelling and for rendering.

A characteristic for a well optimized modeling software is for me, if it still allows fluid working and good control, with almost nothing shown on screen, but the viewports. The more you can turn off, without losing functionality, the better.

For a render-software, I would expect the complete opposite:
I want it to allow fluid working- although all available parameters are shown on screen! In contrast to modelling, rendering requires a lot of permantently visible editor windows. It is a lot about tweaking values and actually having to see some settings, before changing others.
The more you can turn on, with out getting confused, the better!

Maxwell Studio already has an excellent infrastructure for this kind of work. However, as yet I can only discover a proud and slickly designed standalone software and not at all an application with a clearly complimentary character.

I would expect Studio to gain a VERY high degree of customizability, to to get it a workable solution. Camera-navigation, all comparable keyboard shortcuts - Cinema-Users should get their 1,2,3 keys, there should be a 3D-Max and a SolidWorks preset (...) I as a Rhino-user would even expect it to allow me to tweak camera settings with the mouse and some hotkeys, in Rhino's genious way: http://en.wiki.mcneel.com/default.aspx/ ... ation.html
That a tremendous degree of user-customizability is generally possible, is perfectly proven by Nevercenter Silo. The makers of this software, clearly understand their product as a complimentary package to whatever other main-application. Here it is easily possible to mimic all major 3D app - without any negative consequences on functionality.
http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... highlight=

Maxwell users may share a common interest in a faszinating rendering application, their professional demands and also developement environments however extremely differ. Good, if Studio reflected this and adapted to the respective needs as much as possible.

Holger
Last edited by Polyxo on Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Miles
I really like the Studio GUI, too. This is really the first rendering program that I've used, so I've not much to compare it with, though.

I like the flexibility of the windows. I set it up for 2 Viewports and 10 other windows.

One suggestion: there seems to be a lot of wasted space in some of the windows - things could be tightened up in places by converting 1 column of parameters into 2, perhaps.

Miles
By jleckron
'Cause Whiskey's not here to say it...

COSMIC BLOBS!!!
By j_man
I like the studio interface also, I think it's quite versatile. I got a working layout and a medit layout that I switch between at the moment. I'm not doing much in studio apart from materials though. all of my set-up is done in MAX.

J.
By Polyxo
Hey Tom, where, the heck did you find that old Rhino-screenshot? RhinoV1 (1998)? Then please also post one of 3DStudio DOS :D
Here is a more contemporary one.

Holger

the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]