Please post here anything else (not relating to Maxwell technical matters)
By Mihai
Are you all baking in the sun/bicycling through a field of tulips/drinking overpriced cocktails....? What's going on here....

Funny that Japan is marked as "avoid some areas". Because of Fukushima? Angry samurai?

Exposure to the sun causes:
  • Pre-cancerous (actinic keratosis) and cancerous (basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma) skin lesions - caused by loss of the skin's immune function
  • Benign tumors
  • Fine and coarse wrinkles
  • Freckles
  • Discolored areas of the skin, called mottled pigmentation
  • Sallowness -- a yellow discoloration of the skin
  • Telangiectasias -- the dilation of small blood vessels under the skin
  • Elastosis -- the destruction of the elastic and collagen tissue (causing lines and wrinkles)

I think you should stay in the safety of your home and work.
By shen.de
JDHill wrote:
Mihai wrote:I think you should stay in the safety of your home and work.

so the scuba diver got sunburned underwater? :D
By Aniki
shen.de wrote:

so the scuba diver got sunburned underwater? :D

especially underwater, where the sunlight is focused to much higher concentrations (caustics ;) ) And they "calculate" faster than Maxwell Render, hence the instant effect...
By fairliearrow2
Australia should be in red. Surely.

- black widow spider

- jumping bulldog ant

- stingray that did in Steve Irwin

- funnelweb spider

- hungry sharks

Avoid Australia at all costs. The dangerous animals want to eat you. You taste delicious.
By Mihai
Couldn't agree more. I've also read there are trees in Australia that can kill you or are poisonous - freaking trees!

Although between the homicidal australian wildlife, and flatulence filled New Zeeland (caused by 60 million sheep), I'm not sure which one I would avoid first.

Stay home. BBC has wonderfully filmed nature programs.
By fairliearrow2
Hmm. I'm not sure about trees. We have the dreadful Russ trees that have poisonous leaves that can blind you if they touch your eyes. They are so bad that it is illegal to have them on your property and if you find them you are legally required to remove them [or more safely, get someone else who specializes in doing it to remove them].

But I would think that there would be more toxic leaves/trees to the north of us in New Guinea.

We also have the Magpie. In breeding season he swoops down at your head to protect his Territory. He has a particular dislike of postal delivery people on motorbikes.

what about gpu maxwell q project?

SS Pinto Bean

Hi Tommy, Great stuff - love it~! Thanks for pos[…]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]