By Sheik
Jewilhel,
Intensity is at the default 50. even if there is no light from the sky the image should look like the second one with no environment.
Is skydome working for you?
Sheik
By eno
Same problem here:

Beta.06 seems to have disabled the skydome on my renders. (I get only a black screen) The skydome functioned in beta .4 and .5 on my setup.

When I go back to SU4 and try to select skydome in the environment dialogue (feild blank) I get the following message. "invalid value for integer "skydome"".

Good Luck -

Omar

SketchUp 5 - AMD 64 3800 - 3Gb Ram - ATI FireGL5100
By jrob
I noted the comment about the bug not happening on the laptop and quickly installed the software on my laptop - huzzah - the problems have now altered and are not so severe.

I notice on my workstation install i am placing software on different partitions and drives etc - this may be a root cause of the software being buggy for me.

I still cant get the renders working - mapping etc - sketchup export to maxwell - any comments would be appreciated...
By jrob
David Plant wrote:Hi,

I have been trying out the tutorial by Sheik and have a reoccurring problem with the flooring tutorial. I have followed all the steps every thing appears to be working fine, then when I go to export it crashes out and the Maxell viewer does not appear. The export log reads:

Exporting: \\sbs2000\users\david\Untitled.mxs.log
Maxwell: Method createMaterial, Error: Material already exists
Maxwell: Method setMaterialParameter, Error: Material is not created

I thought this was sorted out but apparently not, any ideas???

Cheers

Dave
this disappeared when installed using all default directory structures on another machine.

Although I am now using the workaround posted elsewhere in addition - namely everything needs assigned a material in order for bugs to calm down
By fv
bug exporting from SU 6, duplicating textures and making extra groups.

its like this:
draw a cube in SU6, export it to MXStudio. your texture is duplicated and renamed and the cube is devided into two, one pane in one group and the rest also one group.

Something weird happens in the export. Hope it can be solved.
Thanks to those who fit this in thier busy schedule. Would save me tons of time, quitting SU6, going back to SU5 and the start up 6 again. I am exporting my models in portions so this is a serious set back hoping to work in SU6. SU6 is much better, faster, mirror and paste in place makes modeling a lot easier. Hope I don't have to go back to 5 for th next months. I live by this work so any help is more then welcome.
By fv
I found a workaround by asigning materials by directly seting the materials by the plugin instead of by the SU materials. This is more work but at least the model arrives in Studio as it should.

Exporting by converting SU materials into MXM materials results into enormous files that crash and thousands of textures duplicated for each placed object in SU. Not a word by Next Limit on this issue as usual. I hope others have not lost their client on it. Obviously it was not smart to update in the middel of a project especiallly not with Maxwell.
By fv
i was just making a new cabinet in SU and saw that one of my rectangular objects had a grouped face attached to it. Strange, I deleted the face and draw a new one by click a new edge.

Maybe the problem of duplicated textures and objects lies within SU and not at export by the plugin. Its strange to see that SU by itself groups a face and makes the rectangular objects split in two, one grouped face and the rest as loose 5 regular faces.

Strange...
By fv
Just to sum things up:
I get duplicated materials and objects for faces that are assigned SU materials. The materials import in Studio with their names and each duplicate is numbered for the amount of times it is duplicated. Some of my objects are duplicated many times depending on the way they are nested within components or maybe because components are also assigned materials.
When I assign materials directly by the plugin there is no duplication of objects or materials incase I delete all SU materials before export. Only the default SU materials is exported and not duplicated. The names of the mxm materials however are not imported into Studio and so I am left to having to figure out in Studio to what object they belong. This is not so hard since each separate material has only one object. This is better than having to work with dozens of duplicated materials.

3. I could also export to render directly out of SU but I hate that. A. It would mean having to texture in SU wich is very slow. B. I would have to do the complete export everytime I want to do a test render. C. I have to keep the whole model in tact in SU which is slow. D. assigning and tuning textures in Studio is fast and the use of multiple projectors is handy at times. E. I can tune materials within a mxm file without altering the original material on disk. F. I can project materials on groups of objects very easily, in SU the materials are textures per face. G. I mentioned Studio is fast yes...H. Studio works so well in assigning and changing textures, for instance changing the type of wood veneer on a large group of objects is done in seconds in Studio, in SU I just don't know how to quickly change materials and their texture position for larger groups of objects. I am on a mac and I can not even see a list of materials in SU, I have to crawl around with my mouse hoping and waiting to see a name dhow up for each color.

Next Limit....how about it, are you still with us..anything going on there in the SU/Mac corner.
By fv
A few more bugs to be listed here:

1. The Material0 problem that points at a non existend image file. Before rendering you have to witch of the checkbox in Studio for this material. This happens with older SU files that you want to render.
2. Geometry gets unwanted smoothing even when in SU the smoothing is set to zero. It shows in glass objects that show deformed reflections rendered. When exporting with "transformations" on the files are rendered normally without any smoothing deformations for as far I have experienced so far.

OSX-SU7-MAXWELL all most recent versions at 07 May 2009
By macitect
fv wrote:A few more bugs to be listed here:1. The Material0 problem that points at a non existend image file. Before rendering you have to witch of the checkbox in Studio for this material. This happens with older SU files that you want to render.
My experience is that this is not just older files. It's been happening on two current projects.
By pelias
Can you please send me a sample .skp file? I am not able to reproduce this on any of my files (old or new ones).

Thank you.

Pavol
By fv
here
http://idisk.mac.com/fillieverhoeven-Public?view=web

downlaod the file from the folder Maxwell-Sketchup and there you find 2 files, one SU and one Maxwell.

Tx for looking into this.
The files show the Material0 problem. On my system the file won't render out of SU because it can not find the image file in Material0. I have to uncheck the imagefile in Studio before render.

The smooth glass geometry were it should be flat I cann't reproduce right now. But glass geometry with weird deformated reflections happens when transformations on export is not checked.
By numerobis
maxwell studio is crashing when a mxs exported from sketchup uses hdri :roll:
scenes using hdri are rendering without problem but opening the scene in studio isn't possible. i have to export without hdri and turn it on again in studio.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]