By RedRaven
strange - i have it working ok on my laptop too!!!!! but not the workstation :o
By Sheik

Let me know if this helps.

Sheik

( I updater the pic: Taschen 3ds to SU and skp2mxs a3, PC & Laptop ok here )
Last edited by Sheik on Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Burkhard
Nice one. Something for PC too?

Burkhard
By deesee
Sheik wrote:Let me know if this helps.

Sheik
Now I know what to get Burkhard for his birthday. :P
By pelias
Robert Cervellione wrote:when you apply materials the outliner blinks like a strobe light, one time for each face. so if i apply material to 1000 faces its like a disco. this does not happen in SU4
I am not able to reproduce this. Anyone else sees this as well?
Robert Cervellione wrote:also the plugin menue just says "edit metal..." not set/edit metal..." and it is like this for the entire list
Good point - apparently Ruby in SU5 doesn't like slash characters in names. I will fix this.

Pavol
By Sheik
pelias wrote:
Robert Cervellione wrote:when you apply materials the outliner blinks like a strobe light, one time for each face. so if i apply material to 1000 faces its like a disco. this does not happen in SU4
I am not able to reproduce this. Anyone else sees this as well?
I hadn’t noticed it before, but yes I get the blinking in the outliner to.
A similar but more annoying problem is when you have several faces selected and use “Check Material Type” it opens a message window for every selected face, and you have to close them all.
Sheik
By RedRaven
its a strange but known bug - pavol is working on it.

When i get that its seems to be resolved by exiting su and opening it up again.
By RedRaven
Starting app usually wors for me. However I have another problem, after 17 samples i still get the increasing black dots. Only a few materials have been applied but i cant work out why it should do this.

Image[/url]
By Sheik
RedRaven,
I think it is the bug in plastic causing the black dots. Try again with only diffuse materials & dielectic for windows.
Sheik
By pelias
The problem of MaxwellExport not working on some machines after parameters/materials were modified using the Ruby plugin was finally localized thanks to help of several users who contacted me with their files. The problem appears to occurs on Win2000 machines only and it is caused by SketchUp SDK not handling strings properly (attributes are stored as strings). I am building a workaround for this problem - the fixed version should be available early next week. Sorry for delay - I've promised Alpha.04 for today but this bug was too important so I've delayed other work because of this.

Thanks for your patience.

Pavol
By deesee
Thanks for the update pelias!! So glad to have you back from vacation...if I were your boss, you'd get one day off...at the most!

Just kidding. :lol: :lol:

Keeping me informed = keeping me happy!!
By RedRaven
alpha04

i think there is a problem with setting image size. No matter how many times i reset the image size in the camera settings window the render will only produce a 640x480 (i want 2000x1500 is this a problem) I'm sure it was ok in the previous release.
By RedRaven
also noticed that iso and fstop dont change either.
By pelias
You are right - this is a new bug in A.04 which was caused by a major changes caused by Win2000 bug and attributes. All camera attributes are affected. A fix for this problem will be available soon...

Pavol
By deesee
Metal materials have weird banding going on:

I had to set the emitter to 6000!! That seems high for such a dark scene.

You can see this banding on my other post as well. I thought it might be the cylinder geometry, but nope, it did it with the box geometry as well.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]