By pelias
Feel free to post your bug reports here:

Pavol
By bakbek
Hi Pavol... this is a render and viewport view of a scene i posted here before. this time i used plastic with 0.2,0.2 in the roughness values. as one can see the preview gets all black (started noarmal) and the plastic floor tiles (only those are plastic) look very odd. they all have the same color and material values.

By Robert Cervellione
here is a bug with SU5

when you apply materials the outliner blinks like a strobe light, one time for each face. so if i apply material to 1000 faces its like a disco. this does not happen in SU4

also the plugin menue just says "edit metal..." not set/edit metal..." and it is like this for the entire list
By deesee
Yup, the plastics are definitely buggy. This was a quick 5 min render, but it shows that the legs of the coffe table (plastic for this rendering) are creating some strange behavior. The small base is all diffuse, but somehow the plastic turns the top plane black and the sides purple. :?:

By deesee
Here it is changing the legs to diffuse.
By Sheik
I noticed this message when rendering a test from SU:
What does it mean, and should I be concerned?
Sheik
By deesee
you're screwed man!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

JK. I have no idea what that is.
By RedRaven
I have the 03 version working with su5, but only when i send a render the first time. When i send a render a second time i maxwell shows a mxs load error and stops immeadiatly. The only way to start again is to quit su and open again - this makes me think it is a path problem as mentioned earlier.
By deesee
Redraven, I don't get this problem. Every time I export it goes ok.
By deesee
I think plastics are still buggy. There's a weird shadow coming off of the front face too.

By deesee
I added a texture and that caused something to change.

By Burkhard
I would like to have same ants.
I got a bug splat every time by changing a setting from the menue.
Everything i can do basicly?
Do i something wrong?

Burkhard

using alpha 03
By deesee
I don't know why keep getting the bug splats. When I really can't figure something out, I just do a re-install. Maybe that will help.

Bakbek - yeah, I don't know what's up with the ants. I only let that render for like two minutes as I was leaving my house this morning. The dilectric top on the small box at the bottom seems, at this early stage, ok though.
By Burkhard
Seems to be the PC. No Problems on a Laptop.

Burkhard
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]