By pelias
jewilhel wrote:Can't get the Skp2MXS.plugin to show up inside the sketchup export menu.
I'm running SU 4 on a dual G4 machine with the latest OS. I followed the install directions and put it in: Library/Application Support/SketchUp/Plugins/ but it doesn't load inside the program, although the MaxwellExport.rb ruby script shows up just fine in the plugins menu.
MaxwellExport is not fully tested with SU4 on OSX - can you please send me the version of SU4 which you are running? You can get it from about dialog of SU.

Thanks.

Pavol
By RedRaven
New Version beta 05

Just tried to use it and it crashes sketchup.

When i choose export mxs and click on the options button the dialog and sketchup close and bugsplat opens.
By Sheik
My beta 05 also crashes the same way (...export mxs...options). It will do the 5min default rendering if you dont select options.
Sheik
By cnevians
run correctly here ...
PC xp pro SP2 sketchup 5.0.150
By Burkhard
bug splat
same here with the option button

XP

Burkhard
By Jake256
I just tried the new update on my dual G4 vers 10.4.2., SketchUp 5.

Textures do not render. None of the textures applied to my model show up in the Maxwell Render.

Correction. So far any existing SketchUp model made before plugin installation does not show applied materials. Models made after pluging installation show materials in render. Strange.
By Jake256
Well, it seems the bug that involved illegfal characters in materail names has benn solved in any model created after the plugin installation. Great. But any model created before plugin installation will not render materials. If I rematerialize then they will show up in Maxwell render.

One good thing–one really bad thing.
By Jake256
Bump maps do work now. Previously they crashed Maxwell.
By pelias
RedRaven wrote:New Version beta 05
Just tried to use it and it crashes sketchup.
When i choose export mxs and click on the options button the dialog and sketchup close and bugsplat opens.
Confirmed. I am working on fix already...

Pavol
By messire
Can't find the file updated on the 10th... I'm really locked with the 5 min renders and the "options" crashing the software.. grrrr...Can't really make any production image with MR until it can get bigger images...
Any hint how to solve the problem??

Nils
By RedRaven
pavol is working on it - there isn't a newer version other than the one that crashes when you click on options
By messire
I was wondering ;) since there was people talking about some non crashable version :). Lets hope he can come with a solution quick !

Thnx
Nils
By messire
Could it be a reverse face problem...?
I notice that when it happens, after reversing the face and reassigning the maxwell material then the SU map, it works.
Nils
By Sheik
I can’t get the Sky Dome working even in beta 06 (PC). It seems there is something more wrong than just the lack of light from the dome. If I place an emitter in the scene the image is still totally messed up.
Environment Sky Dome + an emitter:

Environment None + the same emitter:

Environment Physical sky:

Sheik
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]