By stefan_kaplan
Hey guys. I thought of starting a list of wishes for the next version of the SketchUp-plugin.
Maybe these wishes will come true around the end of December? :wink:

1. To control vignetting directly from the Camera Settings Window or Export Options Window.
2. To be able to choose .hdr and .mxi files when browsing in the HDRI-Parameters Window (There is no files to be found and you have to type in the filenames and extensions).
3. To hide groups and components (and not only plain geometry as it is now) from camera, reflections and GI. Would be great if this "Maxwell Object Proporties" window could change when selecting different faces/groups/components!
4. To make a new Scene that inherits the Maxwell-setting from another scene.
5. To completely REMOVE assigned MXM from objects (faces, groups and components) in order to make Auto MXM work with materials that were formerly assigned using the Ruby script based material assignment!
NOTE: This is actually possible through a great little plugin called "MXM Reporter", that lists all SketchUp-materials and tells if, and how, they are associated with MXM-materials.
It would just be great to get this feature implemented in the native plugin though...

If anyone else has wishes for the next plugin, then please add to this thread.

Stefan
Last edited by stefan_kaplan on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Richard
Mate object properties I thought could be set from SU (hide from camera etc), I must admit it could be a feature gone from the later plugin, I'm still using components setup in earlier version to do that, so those properties could be simply inherited!

I'll through some in!

1. Select emixer file to load to MXS upon export - I think this needs to be implemented in studio also.
2. Load MXS substitute file for SU placeholder upon export. Pavol has indicated that this may be possible, this IMHO would make MR a force for SU use due to SU's low poly handling. Meaning a very low poly version of a tree could be used in SU and that be replaced with an existing MXS version of the tree upon export. This would be an amazing feat of human engineering I personally feel.
3. A SU material / assinged MXM table, a free third party plugin already exists for this but would be nice to see it implemented to the existing maxwell plgin!
4. Unless NL fix the issue with intersecting instances with the release of V2 - a warning on export or maybe better a checker that warns of any intersecting instances and via the outliner feature of SU that instances intersect. Before one finds that a render will take a week instead of hours! - this currently makes the use of instances obselete if one aims to instance plants in a scene as they almost inadvertantly instersect.

I'll surely think of a few more!
By numerobis
- Fix for the "hdri bug": maxwell studio is crashing when a mxs exported from sketchup uses hdri :roll:
scenes using hdri are rendering without problem but opening the scene in studio isn't possible. i have to export without hdri and turn it on again in studio.
By stefan_kaplan
Richard wrote:Mate object properties I thought could be set from SU (hide from camera etc), I must admit it could be a feature gone from the later plugin, I'm still using components setup in earlier version to do that, so those properties could be simply inherited!
It is possible to use Object Proporties with plain faces, but not with groups and components... Thats my point :)
By Richard
stefan_kaplan wrote:
Richard wrote:Mate object properties I thought could be set from SU (hide from camera etc), I must admit it could be a feature gone from the later plugin, I'm still using components setup in earlier version to do that, so those properties could be simply inherited!
It is possible to use Object Proporties with plain faces, but not with groups and components... Thats my point :)
Ah ok! Yes mate I'd noticed that in the past, then since only used it on cutouts. Yes that would be a good inclusion.
By messire
HDRI WYSIWYG
I wish it was possible to see, place and use HDRI in SU..it is so complicated now that i barely use it.
I wish it was possible to open the hdri fil, rotate it using degrees and SEE where the sun is for example same for horizon, without having to guess for hours through trial and error methods that are painfull.

More to come i guess :)

N
By Richard
brodie_geers wrote:Have you seen Richard's method for working with HDRI's in SU? I just do it in Maxwell Studio but his method seemed pretty creative.

-Brodie
Yeah that idea died in the bum! I put out for some help from tom or mihah for some help in orientating the scale directions correctly but no luck! I think someone may since have run with it for Vray by now!

For me it would have broken the back of setting exact to the degree HDRI placement in any app not just sketchup! All I need to know is how to set the scale long the hdri reference map, then we can get the light source location to exactly the same location as the SU sun - how cool and to pat myself on the back "what a useful tool"!

I could even set up a Layout file that enables the PNG file to be exported for those that dont have photoshop!!!

I'd keep playing with it to work it out myself but my crap machine just takes to long to generate such test when I've got work to do!

Any chance one of you power machine types keen to kick the can there and we can nail HDRI in SU?

Here is the link BTW! http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... RI#p294975
By Richard
messire wrote:yes seen his method :)
not exactly what i call wysiwyg!

Toooo loooong :)

Nils
Don't worry mate I wouldn't have thought of it if there was another workable way! :(
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]