By brodie_geers
Very excited about 2.0 coming out. Curious if I was reading something right from the Workflow update that came out recently. It mentions that "Maxwell materials can be displayed in the viewport in high quality," and shows a Maya screenshot. So I guess that's literally saying that you'd see the "high quality material" in your viewport as you zoom, orbit, etc.? If that's the case it doesn't really sound like anything SU could take advantage of unfortunately. Only thing that makes me wonder if I'm reading it wrong is that it didn't equivocate and say that it's something only some plug-ins would be able to take advantage of.

So am I reading that right or is something more like a quick preview render or something like that?

-Brodie
By Richard
Yeah they weren't really clear on that point! I certainly couldn't imagine the feature being available through SU! I must say I couldn't really understand what it actually was that they were demonstrating!

I checked out the video for the vray rt feature for 3dmax today, it would be so darn cool if the preview in studio could work that fast so testing could be done real time or at least close to real time! Mind you I'd give my left nut just to see open GL rendered shadows in shaded mode. About 60% of my generally short time in studio is spent testing to get shadows correct as they only export correctly from SU direct to render, sun direction is lost once the same file is opened in studio. I've spent 100's of hours trying to get HDRI to work but just cant get the location or levels right yet so preview there would be welcomed as well as all channels for hdri lighting adjustable in multilight.

I hope they may do a fix to a few of the things in 1.7 in addition to the release of 2! Parting with cash in this environment is a harder choice these days! Maxwell 2 or something else? Like food or fry?
By brodie_geers
Richard,

I guess time will tell what else they have in store for us. I, for one, would be willing to sacrifice your left nut for open GL as well.

-Brodie
By Stinkie7000
brodie_geers wrote:Richard,

I guess time will tell what else they have in store for us. I, for one, would be willing to sacrifice your left nut for open GL as well.

-Brodie
Funniest comment I've read in a while!

I'm with you, by the way. I am sure Richard's happy he's spurred such solidarity amongst his peers.
By Stinkie7000
Hmm ... maybe all of him? I heard John Bacus was looking for a gimp.* Suit up, Richard!

* quite possibly not true
By Richard
Stinkie7000 wrote:Hmm ... maybe all of him? I heard John Bacus was looking for a gimp.* Suit up, Richard!

* quite possibly not true
Suited up and ready to go! lollie for more poly!
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

They could still catch up without even finishing t[…]

Hello dear customers, We have just released a new[…]