By brodie_geers
Here's my latest rendering. Please feel free to comment.

Everything is modeled except for the people and the tree trunks along the perimeter of the model (on account of the instancing bug I didn't want to have my trunks intersecting with the ground plus I did all my instancing in Maxwell which is a pretty clunky workflow).

The clay rendering

The Maxwell output

Final after post processing

Link to Full resolution file
https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/384281/FINAL.jpg
By Richard
As I said mate on the SU forums this is really stunning work for the size of this project! Truly!

BTW I worked out from the larger image why I was thinking you had dirtied up the left end of the building. The shrubs are placed into grass with no garden bedding so it blurs the line to the building a tad too much.

And I think you need some interior lights. Great work mate!
By brodie_geers
Richard,

Thanks for the comments (both here and over at sketchucation). I think you're quite right on the windows needing some light. I think that would help out quite a lot actually. After doing all the post processing I started to feel like the building was looking a bit plain and flat. The light would really help that out. I may try working that out in photoshop and see how it goes before running back to Maxwell to rerender.

Later,

-Brodie
By Richard
Could be a bit hard mate in PS! You could re-render just the building and overlay just that part in PS, though you will need a ground plane to stop upward atmospheric light from effecting the result.
By brodie_geers
I think I might give it a shot but the more I ponder it the more I think you're probably right about PS. How would you model the interior of the building without getting crazy with detail?

-Brodie
By Richard
Mate from the distance you are shooting I would just make up a simple 5 sided box and place it behind your wall with 1 or 2 flat plane emitters just below the ceilings. then just place them and scale to suit.

I might suggest 2 or three variations so the emitters can be separated into three groups so using ML you can vary the light densities.
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]