By messire
Wondering if any of you guys have been doing it...we fought big time with SU-MR combination to work around settings so it would work with huge file...I'll show you results of our work after its done

Result is ok, but we're getting a mac pro octo with big ram soon because i'm tired of waiting for hours for renders to appear with a benchmark of 10 or 20...

Nils
By brodie_geers
what kind of issues were you running into w/ the large files?

I've been having some issues lately as I've gotten into larger files as well. Been working on a couple hospital models and sometimes they export ok but other times it'll export for 15 minutes, get all the way to 99% and then pop up a runtime error w/ no explanation. I've had to resort to exporting in pieces (1 w/ building and site, 1 w/ cars, 1 w/ tree proxies) and merging them together. Quite bothersome.

-Brodie
By jo
brodie_geers wrote:...other times it'll export for 15 minutes...
I exported very large files (millions of polygons) from SU to MWR, but usually when model is getting bigger in SU, I start to split it in different piecies: it's a lot more manageable both in SU then when I have to export.

Ciao, Gio
By creasia
I also have been exporting large files, but I am finding that the new version of the plug in is working quite nicely.

Thousands of instances export in under 30 seconds now. I use this for trees, grass and also riverbed rocks for landscapes in my more experimental renderings.

See image 17 on my gallery page...

http://www.foresight3d.com/gallery.htm
Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]