By chrwag
This is my first post, so hello to everybody !

Here´s my question :

When I create a modell with SketchUp I usually use alot of layers and activate the "colors by layer" function in the layer manager. This was always importened when I exported my model to 3ds max or c4d.

But when I use Maxwell I haven´t found a way to use the "colors by layer" option. To me it seems that Maxwell only uses the materials or colors that were applied with the paint bucket. Is that correct ? Or am I missing here something :?:
By pelias
chrwag wrote:When I create a modell with SketchUp I usually use alot of layers and activate the "colors by layer" function in the layer manager. This was always importened when I exported my model to 3ds max or c4d.

But when I use Maxwell I haven´t found a way to use the "colors by layer" option. To me it seems that Maxwell only uses the materials or colors that were applied with the paint bucket. Is that correct ? Or am I missing here something :?:
"Colors by layer" functionality is not implemented at the moment for Maxwell plugin. It should be available in one of the next versions.

Pavol
By chrwag
Hi Pavol,
any hints when this update will come :roll:

Anyway, thanks for the info.
By pelias
It won't be included in the next update which should go out this week - the code for that update was closed couple of days ago and it is just being tested at the moment.

I will contact you privately about pre-release version of "colors by layers" functionality.

Pavol
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]