By lekcaj
In the sketchup plugin manual it says that "Camera position, direction and field of view is taken from a camera of active sketchup page", however when i export it doesn't keep my field of view. i have a dramatic field of view because i am in a small interior space. I am not working in maxwell studio. I am trying to set myself up so i can only use sketchup, hit render and that's it.
i assume it is a simple thing i am missing. i don't know maxwell all that well so i think there may be a setting to not use the default maxwell 35mm camera that i can't find.
any suggestions.
By lekcaj
i have looked at other post and don't know if it is something i can do.it seems like the skup plugin only supports the 35mm cam.
can someone please confirm this.
By marked001
as far as i know, it is supposed to work without using a camera.. but i havent found that to be the case either...

i've found it will work with any camera though, not just the standard 35mm
By lekcaj
how do i set use a camera other than a 35mm?
When i click on the "show render area" option it automatically changes to 35mm and i don't know how to switch this.
is there a setting that i am missing?
By pelias
Maxwell camera is not restricted to 35mm.
lekcaj wrote:how do i set use a camera other than a 35mm?
When i click on the "show render area" option it automatically changes to 35mm and i don't know how to switch this.
is there a setting that i am missing?
First, keep in mind that parameters for Maxwell camera are taken from SketchUp model directly - that includes camera position/orientation and field of view. However you have to keep in mind that what you see in Maxwell rendering is also affected by the size (especially aspect ratio) of the film. You can set the film size in Maxwell camera parameters dialog - the default is 36x24 mm. If you change the film size (its aspect ratio) you can see the effect on the visible area in SketchUp by clicking on "show render area" checkbox.

Pavol
SS Pinto Bean

It's bean a while.... I don't know how to insert […]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

https://community.sketchucation.com/category/49/wi[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]