By messire
i am having suddenly ( last version of plugin and MR) an issue with emitters

when i export a scene from SU, MR fails : object xxx is not an emitter but it has triangles with emitter material

even objects ( lamps) i parametred long ago are saying the same now when i export ( with multilight on)

any hint?

Basically my workflow that i'd like to improve is the following:
- open a light component ( eg: arco lamp)
- choose the right emitter mxm setting
- save the component

in su, use the component as is so its available in multilight..
is it possible ? it would be the simpliest way for me ( catalog of available lamps that i just add and boom!)
What are u guys ( richard?fv? etc..doing so it works SU>MR)

Nils
By Mihai
Most probably you have an emitter material applied to only a part of an object and this is no longer supported in Maxwell because it was causing all sorts of problems. So you have to apply an emitter material to an entire object from now on.
By messire
damn
1. i have to remake all the time consuming custom objects with lights i did since beta version grrrrr

2. how can i apply an emitter into part of an object into a library of objects in order to use it directly in SU without having to care about setting the materials of the object? Please tell me its possible!!! would be useless if not ( i mean the philosophy behind plug in is to be able to use MR without launching the studio, if pre-setting materials like emitters is not possible anymore its a big big turndown...)

thnx
nils
By pelias
This is a bug in plugin - plugin should make sure that you cannot export objects with both emitters and non-emitters materials. Can I get a scene for inspection?

Pavol
By messire
sent u a simple scene with a street light component that has emitter setting on the bulb, causing the error it seems.
i can understand some might have encounter errors with the previous versions, but it should maybe remain an option to have an object using emitters partially in SU and render fine...?
What are the workarounds for the best workflow?

No one is using emitters anymore?
N
By Stinkie7000
Apply the emitter mat to all the faces of the object - backsides included. Then, to be on the safe side, make the object a group. Pavol probably has better suggestions, but this works for me.
By pelias
This was AutoMXM related problem - it didn't occur if emitter material was assigned in other way (that's also the reason why it skipped my attention). Anyway I have the autoMXM code fixed, it is being tested at the moment as it required more changes than I like. I've also sent testing version to messire so that he can test as well.

Pavol
By messire
New issue with emitters and 1.7.1 + 2.2 plug in ( win XP)

Message says cannot render because:
"objetc XXXX drawing.dwg-m1 is not an emitter but it has triangles with emitter materials"

grrrr

basically my drawings are based on autocad plans that are then extruded with makefaces in SU...

hint anyone??
thnx
Nils
By pelias
can you make the .skp file available for me? I will contact you about that via PM.

Pavol
By D_Ratty
I have this problem what i did to sort it out was:-

1, Select enable maxwell materials panel on the Maxwell Toolbar

2, Then select the emitter material on the sketchup material window

3, The maxwell material pop up box appears

4, Select the top Maxwell MXM button and click load

5, Find the MXM file for the emitter in you material data base (mine is in the program files on C:)

^, Select and close and test, it should work.

Best David
Sketchup 2024 Released

Any idea of when the Maxwell Sketchup plugin will […]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

Let's be realistic. What's left of NL is only milk[…]