By x_site
Now... this may be old news around here but i've tried the plugin for Sketchup and something is bothering me... displacement. Any clues how i can overcome this issue... experts please share you know-how!
By pelias
If you mean object displacement (objects located in a different position/orientation) than they are in SketchUp than this is a know problem. The fix for this issue should be released today/tomorrow.
By x_site
thanks for posting but i was referring to displacement mapping... for some strange reason the only way i can make it work more or less is by sub diving surface, i know this is a SU issue but was wondering if there's any other way of doing this? Works fine with all other plugins but not SU
By pelias
I've just tested displacement in SU and it seems to be working fine for me. Can you send me a sample project showing the problem (or at least some images)? That should help me to reproduce the problem.

Thank you.
By creasia
I have found that you need to make sure that you are creating your geometry in rectangles (quads) rather than say something created with the sandbox tool, which gives you random triangular geometry to get this to work properly. the best result I got was just a simple rectangle with an image mapped on to it.

I would be delighted if displacement could be used on curved landscapes properly for sanfbox created surfaces. I think that this could have something to do with the way sketchup sketchup does UV mapping.

Do you feel like creating a UV mapping tool for us Pavol??

Hey what a great idea! I'm going to post it as it's own topic.

Haha, thanks.

Hello, I'm still waiting for a solution to the pro[…]

Well.....they must have been proven wrong, as it's[…]