By Richard
Sone updated images of Low Poly SU cars I’ve been working on for direct export to maxwell with only one material.

Still got a fair way to go but think I’m much closer to getting the maxwell materials right. Needed to pull some neat tricks with the materials and mapping to get it this far.

By Richard
messire wrote:we cant wait to get your cars :)
hope its real people car too not only fancy single übermetrosexual car...
Maybe u'll explain the method so we can create add a few too..

N
I agree with you there mate too often people stick in those sexy sports cars.

Mate I'm not sure you'd want to create the same the process is somewhat rediculous!
By Richard
Sheik wrote:
Richard wrote:I agree with you there mate too often people stick in those sexy sports cars.
But... I like sports cars, sexy or not 8)

Nice looking TT there Richard. Are you thinking of building a commesial bundle, like the ones on lowpolygon3d?
http://www.lowpolygon3d.com/CCP6/index. ... tchUp+cars
Certainly thinking about it mate!

I've checked out the Lowpolygon stuff but they come out pretty average in renders.

I;m trying to develop a model / texturing that responds in the rendering with full respect to your environment / lighting - the lowpolygon and RPC stuff don't so suit a full range of day and night renders and for that matter correct reflections.

All that said in my testing I;m still yet to master the materials, I think i'm there then change the lighting and hell breaks loose! the difficulty is getting the material responding correectly whilst still holding the details that are mapped rather than modelled which is nearly everything as you can see!
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]