By fv
Exporting: /Users/francois/Desktop/untitled.mxs.log
Maxwell: Method Parameters, Error: sampling

This is the message I find in the log. I export from SU, then MXL starts for a moment but then quits. I can start the render manually by dragging the created mxs file on the app. icon or open the mxs file in studio and render from there.

Maybe something is wrong. When I installed the new version it worked but then after a while mxl no longer started up after exporting from SU even though the export dialog was properly set up for that.

Any help ? Never had this under 1.6

Another thing I noticed is that materials are differently positioned in the new version. I had to change the material settings in mxed for the mappings to get a properly mapped material in mxs. Not a problem but a difference I noticed to be careful using older files, in my case when I had changed the mappingscale setting of a material in mxed.
By pelias
This appears to be related to one of the changes which were made in Maxwell1.7 - the sampling value changed from integer to float. The plugin was modified accordingly so it shouldn't case any problems. What is confusing is that the rendering works if you render directly using MXCL (Studio should work in all cases).

Does the problem occur on old project or can you reproduce it with a brand new project? Can I get a sample MXS file (even without texture/MXM files) for inspection?

BTW - I assume you are running Maxwell1.7 with SketchUp plugin 2.1. Can you confirm this is correct?

Pavol
By fv
sorry, have not been on Maxwell since I posted, thanks for your quick response. Will do further tests but not any time soon, have to do my regular 2D technical CAD work regretfully. The new Maxwell is lot more interesting. As soon as I am back into rendering I will post my comments on this issue.
By hwolfejr
Exporting: C:\Program Files\Next Limit\Maxwell\Output\Windermere Campus.mxs.log
Maxwell: Method Parameters, Error: sampling

I get this same error when I export SU.
I am using 1.7 with the 2.1 plugin.
This log file is the only one created from 20 export attempts.
It makes the texture folder then crashes (SU Bugsplat) early in the exporting geometry phase. Completion bar gets to 8% or so.

The file is 12Mb campus project file
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]