By Stinkie7000
I spent the better part of last sunday resolving the (paraphrasing) "this or that isn't an emitter, but it's got triangles with an emitter material". I got that error before, when emitters were intersecting other geometry. But that wasn't the case this time. Now - I did solve the problem in the end. Trouble is: I can't remember how exactly. :lol:

Guess my question is: how do I make sure (in SU) this error doesn't occur?
By marked001
had this problem once too..and i forget how i solved it....did you have ALOT of emitters, by chance?
By Tim Ellis
You must have emitter geometry with one mxm only.

If you have triangle groups on an object with more than one mxm applied, where one mxm is an emitter, then you will get the error message.

In 1.5 this wasn't a problem, but from 1.6 onwards you can't have multi-material emitter objects.

So seperate any faces from your emitter object that have a non emitting mxm applied and that should stop it happening again.

Tim.
By Richard
Tim Ellis wrote:You must have emitter geometry with one mxm only.

If you have triangle groups on an object with more than one mxm applied, where one mxm is an emitter, then you will get the error message.

In 1.5 this wasn't a problem, but from 1.6 onwards you can't have multi-material emitter objects.

So seperate any faces from your emitter object that have a non emitting mxm applied and that should stop it happening again.

Tim.
Sorry Tim I've haven't yet used 1.6.1 as i can't seem to get a correct install so waiting for 1.7. Though could you just explain a little more!

Are you suggesting if we have say a light fitting that we bring into our SU scene as a component and it contains grouped geometries it will cause an error if one of those groups contains an emitter??? If this is the case it is obviously a bug that needs to be fixed surely it can't be intended functionality???
By Stinkie7000
Tim Ellis wrote:You must have emitter geometry with one mxm only.
I think this was indeed the problem. Initially, I had an emitter mxm applied to one side of a plane, and a non-emitter one to the other side. Don't ask me why. :)

@ marked: nope, just a couple.
By Tim Ellis
Richard wrote:Are you suggesting if we have say a light fitting that we bring into our SU scene as a component and it contains grouped geometries it will cause an error if one of those groups contains an emitter??? If this is the case it is obviously a bug that needs to be fixed surely it can't be intended functionality???
Groups are fine, it is faces of the same mesh object that have to all be assigned an emitter or all be assigned a normal mxm. You can't have emitter faces and mxm faces on the same mesh.

Just separate your emitter faces from the rest of that specific mesh object, in SU. Not 100% sure how you can do this with SU though.
Mihai wrote:It may be that some part of the car geometry has an emitter material applied to them? This is no longer supported as it was causing problems. You need to apply an emitter material to an entire piece of geometry. Or you can check if they use an emitter material and just replace it.
from http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/view ... les#269100

Tim.
By Richard
Thanks for the explanation tim, you're a champ!
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]