By mateo.soletic
There is an option to hide the object from camera but still participating in rendering calculations . For example the shadows of tree branches on the window but without the tree. I select Hide to camera YES, but the object is still present in the final render. On one test scene I had an object which behaved in this way but in most cases it doesnt.
Any suggestions?

mateo
By Richard
mateo.soletic wrote:There is an option to hide the object from camera but still participating in rendering calculations . For example the shadows of tree branches on the window but without the tree. I select Hide to camera YES, but the object is still present in the final render. On one test scene I had an object which behaved in this way but in most cases it doesnt.
Any suggestions?

mateo
Hey Mateo

Mate you need to as you would apply textures, at the base level geometry not to the group or component. So as MR wont render edges you just need to select the actual faces to be hidden from camera.

I do as you suggested quite often - hiding trees from camera so they still cast shadows and reflects. Works well to add vegetation whilst not obscuring the subject!

Hope again this helps mate!
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]