By roosterboy
Hi
can anyone help with the following messages that come up when I try to render:

When I assign materials as emitters I get the following message -
ERROR: - object Group_m2 is not an emitter but it has triangles with emitter material
</tt>

when I select any of the MXM materials from the Arroway folder I get this message -
ERROR: - File "C:/Program Files/Next Limit/Maxwell/materials database/textures/Arroway/boards+01_d100.jpg" has not been found. Render cannot continue.
all other mxm materials work ok.

Any ideas please ??
By Stinkie7000
The first error, I believe, you got because an emitter's intersecting another object.

As for your second question: dunno, still new to Maxwell! Your texture maps aren't by any chance in a separate folder within Maxwell's texture folder, are they? If so, they shouldn't be.
By Sheik
roosterboy wrote:ERROR: - File "C:/Program Files/Next Limit/Maxwell/materials database/textures/Arroway/boards+01_d100.jpg" has not been found. Render cannot continue.
This means an mxm is missing a map. Open the mxm in MXED (double click on the icon in the Maxwell materials browser). You will be asked to specify in which folder the missing map is now located. When you have re-directed the map locations you need to save the mxm.
You may be missing the Arroway maps altogether. They can be downloaded separately from the download page.
By Stinkie7000
Sheik wrote:You may be missing the Arroway maps altogether. They can be downloaded separately from the download page.
I should've thought of that! My only excuse is that it's very, very hot in Belgium.

Please, send cold beer and ice cream.
By roosterboy
Thanks Stinkie. that works. nz beer isnt as good as stella atois

Thanks Sheik. the arroway materials appear to be in the folder (i can see preview & the file size is the same as other materials) but when i click on them it comes up with 'not found'. I cant find anything on arroway in the material download section. I have watched your tutorial on materials about 12 times now. it has been very helpful but still not totally clear on the relationship of SU materials and MXM but I will figure it out soon. thanks for your help.
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]