By pelias
This is certainly a good idea - the same mechanism is frequently used in high-end systems. It is doable in SU maxwell plugin - I am putting that on the list.

Obviously the situation will be improved with the release of support for instances - that is coming as well.

Pavol
By pelias
hclbaumbach wrote:Are you suggesting that SketchUp and Maxwell running on my iMac is not a "high end" system?
What I really meant were high-end 3D production systems like the ones used by movie studios. Single iMac with SketchUp and Maxwell is not really a high-end system when it comes to producing feature films. Anyway sorry for not being clear enough.

Pavol
By numerobis
any chance to get this feature? would be VERY helpful!!! :D

...and since skp7 doesn't change anything about handling high poly or 64bit support i think it will be the only option for using detailed models in skp for the next years... :roll:
By numerobis
yes, skp-proxies are working great already! but this was not the question... :wink:
By marked001
no? what is the question then.. maybe i'm misreading.....seems like exactly the question to me.
By numerobis
skp component proxies are skp geometrie and need to be loaded into the scene. it was asked for a mxs proxy that would be replaced by a mxs file on export. this would be a huge improvement.
By marked001
gotcha...sorry. dont foresee it happening though..
By Richard
marked001 wrote:gotcha...sorry. dont foresee it happening though..
Though mate - Pavol has suggested a few times to the same request that he thinks it will be possible!

This functionality would really change the whole aspect in regards to the use of SU for high poly scenes!
By marked001
for sure..would be great!
SS Pinto Bean

It's bean a while.... I don't know how to insert […]

Never No More Studio Lighting

Hello Mark! Very good tips about the camera setti[…]

Will there be a Maxwell Render 6 ?

https://community.sketchucation.com/category/49/wi[…]

Sadly, this lack of a response demonstrates a mori[…]