By rboaz
I am looking for ideas on best method to model and / or use material maps to render football field with yard lines, yardage numerals, end zone graphics, etc. How best to balance model size versus large maps. Thanks for any clues and help
By ivox3
I would just model it to scale, ... tile some grass(use displacement or not), .. illustrator for the graphics, www for the team logos etc..
By rboaz
the field is part of a high school stadium including a track so the model can start to get large, I can take all the line, track lane lines,yardage markers etc and put in one large map file that does not tile but it seems that it would be an extremely large image file. I could also model the lines, numerals, lane markers, etc, but think that is not the best way either. I am new to maxwell and trying to learn the best workflow for this type of detail
By Richard
Mate I'd certainly use a large map (created in photoshop or similar) as your weight map and then tile the grass as a fraction of the same.

If you use a large map in the MXM I would use the "save for the web" function in Photoshop to greatly reduce the image quality of the map for use in SU (keep the same pixel dimension of the image though). This will then not bog down SU as much. Then just link this to the MXM containing the full res map!!!

Hope this helps!!
the render does not start

Also open the Console and read through it to see i[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]