By macitect
I am trying to export a model from SU to maxwell. It is not terribly complex. When I do the export it opens fine in MXCL, but when I try to open it in mxstudio it gets stuck on "Loading Materials".

I presume this has to do with the plug-in exporter as all my old mxs files open just fine.

Right now the latest updates are completely useless to me and I can't find a copy of the last version of the SKP2MXS plugin.

Please help me with this.
By macitect
Here is - i think - the problem:

How one simple box can become so many materials and objects is ridiculous. And this is occurring whether or not "Seperate Groups" is checked. Am i the only one experiencing this?! I cannot get any of my projects open in studio - if I'm lucky enough to get them into mxcl to begin with without SU crashing.

Does anyone have a copy of the last version of the plugin for MacOSX?
By pelias
This appears to be an OSX specific bug related to the new texture export functionality. I will fix it ASAP.

Please send me your email address via PM so that I can send you the old version of the plugin (and a new version for testing as soon as I have the fix).

Pavol
By macitect
pelias wrote:This appears to be an OSX specific bug related to the new texture export functionality. I will fix it ASAP.

Please send me your email address via PM so that I can send you the old version of the plugin (and a new version for testing as soon as I have the fix).

Pavol
Done and done! Thanks Pavol. Check your PMs.
By thinkbuild
dear pelias, dear mactect,

it seems to me that i am having the same problem.
i'd like to help out - and, perhaps - see if i can get it working better again.
i'm on a macbook pro with 10.5 (leopard) and of course 1.6/su 6.0 ...

i'll send a pm with my contact infos.

best

jason
By macitect
Jason,

Yeah, pelias has already fixed it. I don't know if he plans to make an announcement and make an official release, but I know he has addressed the problem and sent me a pre-release version of the fixed plugin.

PM me and unless I am advised to the contrary I'll pass on the temporary fix.

cheers,
derek
By pelias
I assume the patch will be released officially next week after all tests are completed...

Until then you can contact me using PM and I can forward it to you...

Pavol
the render does not start

I tried hiding many of the objects in the scene wh[…]

Sketchup 2024 Released

I would like to add my voice to this annual reques[…]